Q5 2016 facelift q5 stronic..is gearbox problematic like the earlier stronics?

Yeti3.0tdi

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I had a Audi A4 3.0tdi convertible (manual) a few years back and loved it. I’ve currently got my eye on a 2016 q5 facelift 3.0tdi stronic (the first model not the new version). I’m reading horror stories about failed gearboxes all over the net albeit they seem from earlier cars around 2009/2010. Did Audi manage to fix the issue on the facelift versions as per the example I’m looking at? The one I have my eye on is sepang blue, black pack, flat bottomed steering wheel and looks amazing. 27k miles on the clock. I’m hoping to pay around £23k for it. If any one could advise I’d be most grateful!

That sounds 'similar' to ours, Yeti3.0tdi. Ok, ours is a 2016 SQ5 but we've nothing to complain of; a superb machine with a 'no complaints' gearbox.

See:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...-and-counting-down-to-a-place-near-me.386559/

absolutely beautiful! The one I’m looking at is “only a bog standard” 3.0tdi but is the same colour and has the same wheels! I’m just super concerned about the gearbox issues I’ve been reading about as I’d be looking to keep the car for a few years and as it’s just coming out of warranty, if it went it would be £kkks!

Reactions: 45bvtc
absolutely beautiful! The one I’m looking at is “only a bog standard” 3.0tdi but is the same colour and has the same wheels! I’m just super concerned about the gearbox issues I’ve been reading about as I’d be looking to keep the car for a few years and as it’s just coming out of warranty, if it went it would be £kkks!

Forget the “only a bog standard" bit, the 3.0tdi Q5 is a cracking piece of machinery, enjoy :thumbs up:

PM me for the AUDI UK Q5 SQ5 SQ5 PLUS SALES BROCHURE OCTOBER 2015 if needed :racer: