2016 B9 Cambelt Change

jarnold231

Reaction score
Buying a March 2016 B9 2.0tdi 190ps Quattro with 24k on the clock.

Belts haven't been done and it's now over 5 years, but given the low mileage I'm wondering people's thoughts on how necessary or immediately I should get this done.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Buying a March 2016 B9 2.0tdi 190ps Quattro with 24k on the clock.

Belts haven't been done and it's now over 5 years, but given the low mileage I'm wondering people's thoughts on how necessary or immediately I should get this done.

November 2015 & 63 000 miles on the clock and mine hasn't been done ... yet. Probably this summer.

Reactions: jarnold231
Dealer agreed to do it for parts cost, which keeps the 1yr warranty valid. So good result id think.

Was just worried that in the unlikely event it's been clocked, or more likely been sitting, belt might be ******** to a greater extent than inspection would show.

Back in the '80s belts were originally intended to last the life of the car. Designer's dream! But then they began to break. Now every manufacturer as an interval of years and miles, whichever comes first. I think the dealer should do it included in the advertised purchase price, especially if he's proffering a FSH. It's a service item, plain and simple.

Ignore it at your peril. Had a mate with a Vauxhall and was notified they'd reduced the interval. He duly booked his car in and it broke on the way to the garage. Rotten luck and Vauxhall customer services said he was now over the new recommended interval so refused any good will. Cost him over £2500 to rebuild the sick engine.

Well basically he's charging me what is previously negotiated off the car. So feel it's a fair result all round! Just got to check they've actually done it!

Well basically he's charging me what is previously negotiated off the car. So feel it's a fair result all round! Just got to check they've actually done it!

The biggest thing is that YOU are happy with the deal.
If you negotiated a discount having assumed a FSH then, to me, that is what you should be given.