2016 Audi A6 3.0TDi Quattro 272 Executive SE RMC Update

Simon Phelps

Reaction score
Interesting problem this one. Went through the process of establishing that my car - which I bought 2 weeks ago - is running on RMC_EU_P16092 firmware. Was advised by retailer that I needed to update to RMC_EU_K16158 as vehicle has MMI Radio Plus. Seemed simple enough. When tried I got the following message:

A version conflict has occurred!

MainUnit version: RMC4

Metainfo version: RMC2

Went back to retailer and he was very reasonable and refunded me but seemed equally mystified as me. There seems to be some peculiarity that doesn't allow RMC update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

My guess he has just supplied the wrong RMC disk, as there a a few different models with the RMC system. Personally unless it's broken I would not bother updating as it's not going to give you any new features. Also the car must still have some warranty left, and if you have updated the car yourself then Audi won't touch it if you have an issue as they know what version was installed when it left the factory.

Thank you. The issue is one of being the odd one out as I downloaded the correct file but seems it works for others but not me.

Do you know of any speed camera services that support 2016 Audi A6? Appears that many don’t.

Don't know of any that a supported by Audi MMI systems over the years, all of them appear to be hacks of some form or another.

Even if you could find a way of loading speed cameras into the system they would only be additional POIs and the system has no means of providing any audio or visual alert as to the presence of an upcoming POI. Therefore you would need to be constantly looking at the map to see if a camera was coming up which clearly has safety implications

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can set alerts on POIs as an Arrival Notification. Using the old MyAudi App, I've added speed cameras to the map. But I use my Dashcam (Thinkware F770) for the alerts which has Speed Cameras warnings. Works quite well.

Unfortunately MyAudi is pretty useless now. But there is a way of adding Speed Camera POIs with a paid-for PocketGPSWorld sub. Not sure what systems this would work with but likey Tech Pack cars.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/...d-Camera-Locations-in-MMI-and-Virtual-Cockpit

MyAudi only works with cars that have Tech Pack and looking at the Q7 link provided that is also with the connected Sat Nav, OP has the RMC system so this would probably not work