2016 Audi A4 Avant 190 diesel

Shawn Franklin

ShawnFranklin
Reaction score
I am a new member, so go easy on me. I have now been the owner of a 2016 Audi A4 S-line Avant 190 bhp diesel 6 speed manual for 3 months and have covered 5000 miles. I am happy to be back in a Audi after a few years owning BMW's, but 2 things disappoint me with my Audi.
The first is the wobbling/vibrating gear stick, it has been back to my local dealership 2 times now and each time it has new parts fitted but it still wobbles/vibrates and now they have given up and said I will have to live with it. I am fairly certain the demonstrator I tested before I purchased my car never had the wobble/vibration.
The second is I purchased the Tech pack and all of the BBC DAB station logos are distorted so they are unrecognisable, I have twice asked my local dealer to see why they are like this and twice they have said all cars with the Tech pack are like it so again you will have to live with it. When questioned that the standard screen that all Audi A4 come with as doesn't have this problem all they would say it is not a Audi problem but a BBC problem. I would of thought the better the screen the better the logos. In my opinion that is 2 to many things to live with but maybe I am just being to fussy?

Not sure why you would REALLY care about the BBC logos. That whole system is pretty crap in general, with DAB. The vibrating gear stick seems a bit weird. Just ask the dealership to try some other, similar cars and compare?

I am a new member, so go easy on me. I have now been the owner of a 2016 Audi A4 S-line Avant 190 bhp diesel 6 speed manual for 3 months and have covered 5000 miles. I am happy to be back in a Audi after a few years owning BMW's, but 2 things disappoint me with my Audi.
The first is the wobbling/vibrating gear stick, it has been back to my local dealership 2 times now and each time it has new parts fitted but it still wobbles/vibrates and now they have given up and said I will have to live with it. I am fairly certain the demonstrator I tested before I purchased my car never had the wobble/vibration.
The second is I purchased the Tech pack and all of the BBC DAB station logos are distorted so they are unrecognisable, I have twice asked my local dealer to see why they are like this and twice they have said all cars with the Tech pack are like it so again you will have to live with it. When questioned that the standard screen that all Audi A4 come with as doesn't have this problem all they would say it is not a Audi problem but a BBC problem. I would of thought the better the screen the better the logos. In my opinion that is 2 to many things to live with but maybe I am just being to fussy?
Perhaps you could share a photo of the logos so we can compare them?

I've not paid much attention to the logos so I took a look this afternoon. None of the logos was distorted, but some are slightly out of focus, ironically the BBC stations.

I've got a 190 TDI Avant in Sport and I've never noticed a wobble on the gearstick.

Got the regular MMI but never had the DAB logos working at all.

Is it not because they are low resolution pictures sent by the radio company and the larger the screen is the more 'fuzzy' they'll become?

Holy thread resurrection!
Did you ever sort your vibration issue? I've got it but the dealer says there's nothing wrong. The tech even showed me his A5 and that did it as well...not as bad as mine though. Sure mine was OK when I first bought it.

did you ever sort?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Having driven a loaner with the same diesel engine I can equate to the vibration, it was terrible compared to the A3 manual and my own A4. But I rather thing the manual gearshift has a direct link to the gearbox whereas my A3 and my A3 could use cables