2016 Audi A3 1.6 TDI S-line

James9090

Reaction score
Hi

Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect area i'm new to these forms.

I have recently bought a 2016 Audi A3 1.6 TDI and am wanting to know if there are any easy performance mods that I am able to do to increase power. I enjoy driving the car but feel slightly underwhelmed by the power of it.

I do not want anything too difficult as I am looking to do the work myself but have no experience with modifying cars but am eager to learn.

I also don't want to change the drivability of the car with regards to handling.

Any advise is appreciated

If you head over to ecuedit and also invest in some tricore unlocking equipment you will be able to tune your engine to a higher power output. That way you will have done it yourself

Hi

Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect area i'm new to these forms.

I have recently bought a 2016 Audi A3 1.6 TDI and am wanting to know if there are any easy performance mods that I am able to do to increase power. I enjoy driving the car but feel slightly underwhelmed by the power of it.

I do not want anything too difficult as I am looking to do the work myself but have no experience with modifying cars but am eager to learn.

I also don't want to change the drivability of the car with regards to handling.

Any advise is appreciated
You are in the wrong forum as you want the 8V section for your car.
However if you’re wanting more power then find somewhere with a good reputation that will do you a stage one remap, no mods are needed but will gain torque and bhp.

Reactions: Sibmets
You are in the wrong forum as you want the 8V section for your car.
However if you’re wanting more power then find somewhere with a good reputation that will do you a stage one remap, no mods are needed but will gain torque and bhp.
OP wanted to do it themselves

OP wanted to do it themselves
So you think to properly remap a car it’s just as simple as buying a few tools/software programmes and pressing a few buttons and away you go? Nobody in there right mind would attempt to remap a car themselves if they didn’t have any experience at doing it.

I’m pretty sure he was asking what hardware mods people could recommend for him to do diy.
However from what he describes a remap would be more beneficial to him and give him what it sounds like he’s looking for in terms of performance

So you think to properly remap a car it’s just as simple as buying a few tools/software programmes and pressing a few buttons and away you go? Nobody in there right mind would attempt to remap a car themselves if they didn’t have any experience at doing it.

I’m pretty sure he was asking what hardware mods people could recommend for him to do diy.
However from what he describes a remap would be more beneficial to him and give him what it sounds like he’s looking for in terms of performance

I was being literal, taking the mick...

the website I mentioned is one of the sources most generic remaps come from. And a tricore unlocking tool isn’t going to be in their budget anyway

I was being literal, taking the mick...

the website I mentioned is one of the sources most generic remaps come from. And a tricore unlocking tool isn’t going to be in their budget anyway

Ok. You’ve been a big help.