2016 A6 C7 Black edition or 2016 B9 A4?

sat1983

Reaction score
I just cannot make my mind up!

The C7 is so perfect (BE especially!)- even more so for a family of 4 (could be 5 soon!), the looks, the extras (Matrix lights, self park etc) but the B9 is obviously a current model. It'd 'only' be an S line and basic spec.

The C7 forum folk might be a bit biased I realise but could you try your best to be as impartial as possible!

i've had 2 C7s now and love the car, have driven the C8 and couldn't really tell any difference in the driving experience - aim for a later 2016 as they did a model refresh towards the end of September that year to include elec memory seats and interior LEDs

Reactions: sat1983
C7 for me, so much car for the money.

I've found 2018 BE with pan roof for around 17-18k with 30-40k on the clock.

Absolute bargain!

Reactions: Bishop187 and sat1983
On my second C7 and as a family wagon it’s perfect, I did look at a4 B9’s but it’s quite a drop in size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: daytonamart
I have just placed a deposit on a 2016 A6 Black Edition in Daytona Grey. 2.0Tdi 190ps though which is perfectly adequate for everyday motoring. That's not to say that I wouldn't much prefer a 3.0TDI but I couldn't afford it.
So it has 49,000 miles, is from Audi so has 1 year warranty and the extras really help seal the deal.

Park Assist with rear view camera
Technology Pack (which essentially included big nav screen+ plus wider colour DIS)
Electric heated front seats
Matrix headlights
Advanced Key (much as I thought it was a gimmick pre having kids, being able to open the boot with your hands full comes in handy)
And obviously all BE 'standard' spec- 20" wheels, Bose etc....

I think you get a kick (or at least I do) out of thinking that these options would have cost a small fortune for the 1st owner when new but I haven't paid anymore than a far less specified A6 out there 2nd hand!

What more could you want, for £16,200 with a solid warranty from an Audi main dealer? Should keep me happy for a good few years!

As I say, these are soooo much car for the money, that would have been 43k new.

Is it manual?

Sounds lovely, which wheels has it got? I've been looking at these for the last couple of days hence the interest.

They really are astonishing value- especially compared to an A4. They obviously depreciate heavily in the first 3 years and being the 'old' model has obviously accelerated the process.

It's a DSG.

Wheels aren't my favourite- they're Rotors- they fill the arches nicely for sure but the RS6 style ones fitted to later cars would have been my preferred choice. Needless to say that's a fairly minor detail- can't wait to get the car now but I've got to wait until Covid19 calms down a bit...

Just checked on dvla, my saloon was £30, the avant on 20s is £125 but my car was factory ordered with 19s so only £30

however I swooped the wheels with my saloon when I px’ed it ;)

Just checked on dvla, my saloon was £30, the avant on 20s is £125 but my car was factory ordered with 19s so only £30

however I swooped the wheels with my saloon when I px’ed it ;)

Clever!! Wish mine was £30 a year...

Could be worse though- this stupid system the government have introduced of paying car tax based on the list price of the car is crazy! I was so tempted with a 67 reg priced really low- I know why as I'd have had to pay over £400 a year in car tax until 2023... Some would say that's nothing compared to the price of the car but over 3 years I still begrudge giving the government over £1,200 in car tax when a 16 plate will do the same job for £125 a year.

£30 would have been even better!

I get what they are trying to achieve, but it’s my problem with the C8 with all the added safety tech which I’m not bothered about the car will always be north of £40k list even if you pay significantly less

only benefit with the current structure is anything over 5 years old is flat rated, so a used TTRS will only cost £140 a year

Back to the original question, it depends on if you want a big car A6 or a small car A4?

Reactions: DonkeyIce
Back to the original question, it depends on if you want a big car A6 or a small car A4?

I opted for the bigger car. Similar price to an A4 but bigger and tons more spec. Looks-wise I love both but the A6 is just more 'purposeful'.

I opted for the bigger car. Similar price to an A4 but bigger and tons more spec. Looks-wise I love both but the A6 is just more 'purposeful'.

This is what I did, I owned a mk5 golf before and when I sat in the A4 it was no bigger except for the boot.. What made it worse was when sitting in the A4 the B-post is in the drivers way but in the A6 it's in a better location.

This is what I did, I owned a mk5 golf before and when I sat in the A4 it was no bigger except for the boot.. What made it worse was when sitting in the A4 the B-post is in the drivers way but in the A6 it's in a better location.

I made the same jump (A3 instead of a Golf). I found the rear space in the A4 no bigger than the A3 plus when I was looking 4 years ago the tech and interior in the B8 were already starting to look dated. The A6 offered far more value for money :)

I was going to go fo a B9 A4 Avant coming from a B8 A4 Avant but couldn’t find a decent spec one. The A6 I got had such a great spec & a lot more room so was a much better buy.