2016 A4 3.0TDI Order

scotty76

OK. So coming up for 2 years with my S Tronic and in the last year I've changed the way I use it. Coming up to roundabouts I knock it into S then put it back into D after the roundabout. I find this helps.

Other stuff I do... use the paddles to change down for overtakes, let the gearbox change up itself at the red line then knock it back into D once on the cruise again.

I think this is the thread I was thinking of...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-DSG-Game-and-Win-DSG-Driving-Tips-and-Tricks

S

Simonb1975

I find on the S3 I'm pratting about with the stronic so much, I might have been better off with the manual.
Maybe a slight over exaggeration but its a shame an auto box doesn't work on auto as much as I'd like

Dan241085

OK. So coming up for 2 years with my S Tronic and in the last year I've changed the way I use it. Coming up to roundabouts I knock it into S then put it back into D after the roundabout. I find this helps.

Other stuff I do... use the paddles to change down for overtakes, let the gearbox change up itself at the red line then knock it back into D once on the cruise again.

I think this is the thread I was thinking of...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-DSG-Game-and-Win-DSG-Driving-Tips-and-Tricks

That's a cracking read, hopefully will help others who are trying to get to grips with the S Tronic box.

scotty76

I find on the S3 I'm pratting about with the stronic so much, I might have been better off with the manual.
Maybe a slight over exaggeration but its a shame an auto box doesn't work on auto as much as I'd like
I mess about with mine a fair bit but there are some weeks where I just leave it in D and never touch it. I have a fair bit of traffic on my commute and one thing the S Tronic is great for is taking the clutch leg strain out of that.

S

Simonb1975

Yeah slow crawling traffic is what the Autos are made for. Don't miss the manual on that one