2016 A4 3.0 Quattro S-tronic - driver assistance?

shoaib.alvi

Reaction score
Hello good people!

I am contemplating purchase of an A4 3.0 quattron sport s tronic 2016 model. It’s from a dealer who will deliver the car so I can’t see it physically before hand.
One thing I wanted to ask was that the car apparently comes with “Audi Pre sense collision avoidance”. The listing doesn’t specify if it’s pre sense basic or what. However one of the images show “Driver Assist” on the hud just above mileage indicator.

though I have inquired the dealer (who said he would check), I was wondering that at basic level, what does a pre sense system include? Can I expect it to have adaptive cruise control and lane assist as a standard, or were these packs add ons when first purchasing from the manufacturer?

also generally, what’s the vibe for this car? I have never owned an Audi before so any insights would help! Thanks

This is basic pre-sense which warns you if you are getting too close to the car in front. The car will have radars in the fog grills if it had adaptive cruise control.

Thanks a lot for your reply! Also, would you know what "Driver Assist" in the dash/hud display mean? Would the car possibly have lane assist etc as part of standard configuration / basis pre-sense or am I reaching here?

I believe driver assist is left for redundancy, in case you did have these options. Lane Assist is not included as part of the standard spec.

If the car doesn’t have the black circular globes in the fog/lower side vents of the front bumper, it won’t have ACC. The drivers assist menu helps you while driving, for example telling you when to let your foot off the accelerator to coast to the junction.
The collision avoidance/pre sense is standard on all cars around 2016 onwards.

Audis are usually very sure footed and capable, however they are a bit dull so the tech makes up for it. Therefore you should try to have a fully specced car with Quattro, it helps.

Great thanks. And generally what do you think of the car? In your experience, it’s a good car to have and drive? Cuz in the same price range I also have a couple of 3 series but I honestly can’t tell one from the other in terms of performance, comfort etc. I am not a huge car enthusiast but really hope to find a reliable car that doesn’t take a fortune to maintain

Never driven the 218ps version but I briefly owned the 272ps with tiptronic and that was good car to drive, could do long distances easily, quiet and had very good performance. Overall a very decent package.