2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into the dealer to order my S3 in a few hours, the car is expected to be built for the end of June/July and I have been told it will be a facelift? Can anyone call ********?

Going into the dealer to order my S3 in a few hours, the car is expected to be built for the end of June/July and I have been told it will be a facelift? Can anyone call ********?

Possibly yeah ...... Time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: dsme

As long as you get a build date in June then I'm sure you will get the facelift.

Not sure, mine was ordered a few weeks ago for September delivery and dealer has called me to say it could be put back a couple of weeks due to the facelift. So not sure how that impacts a car that hasn't been ordered yet.

Quick update on my order, spoke to the dealer today and the car has arrived in the UK now so won't be a product improvement model or whatever we are calling it.

Checked using the order number and the date is showing as last September and we only ordered at the start of March so must have been a reserved build slot.

Should be getting it in the next couple of weeks hopefully happy days!

Reactions: Mojave96, pburv and Baldyone
Quick update on my order, spoke to the dealer today and the car has arrived in the UK now so won't be a product improvement model or whatever we are calling it.

Checked using the order number and the date is showing as last September and we only ordered at the start of March so must have been a reserved build slot.

Enjoy!! You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: pburv

Who cares! As long as your happy with the car! What are you getting?

S3 SB Mythos Black with black styling pack, it's my dream car and will be my first ever brand new one.

Hopefully in 2 years can trade in and get the RS3 sedan haha.

Reactions: Cymru09 and pburv
S3 SB Mythos Black with black styling pack, it's my dream car and will be my first ever brand new one.

Nice! Am I right in thinking you're local to Leicestershire? Will be nice to have another to look out for!

Very nice!! Bet you can't wait. What options have you chose?
I doubt the RS3 sedan will come to the uk maybe just America.

That's exactly what l posted deliveries commencing September or there abouts
Most of you guy's think we're talking through holes in the top our heads

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
Everybody says something different, no one knows for sure but someone has to be right *lol*

My cousin is a manager at an Audi dealer and doesn't , he can take an educated guess for sure though , like most are doing ..

My cousin is a manager at an Audi dealer and doesn't , he can take an educated guess for sure though , like most are doing ..

A give up......manager yeah so is my son obviously your cousin isn't on top things like he should be, who gives a monkey's chuff about this frickin facelift it's still the same car with the same gash handling....and yeah l ain't interested in one

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, Kugaman1 and 3 others
But your driving a repmobile diesel A4? Therefore all arguments are null and void!

Seriously, some people dont like to buy new models as soon as they are released....they would rather let people like you pay a premium to do the initial testing and iron out all the faults, then they will make their purchase when decent discounts appear.
That's fine, i'll settle with my arguments being null and void whilst getting just under 50mpg on my commute to work ;)

It's what the 4 year guarantee is for mate. Got a very decent discount for my A4, there are even better discounts available now.

Anyway I'm out, getting bored with PFL owners getting annoyed because I dared to suggest that you'd be better off waiting a bit and getting the latest model rather than splashing out for something that'll be outdated the day you pick it up.

A give up......manager yeah so is my son obviously your cousin isn't on top things like he should be, who gives a monkey's chuff about this frickin facelift it's still the same car with the same gash handling....and yeah l ain't interested in one

An ambiguous response there Jassy... ;-)

Re, the gash handling.

Surely the handling could be tuned to be slightly more to your taste? The same chassis (more or less) underpins the TT and the Golf R (yes, yes. Boo, hiss. Don't mention the G word etc.) and both seem to have attracted more favourable press reports. Geometry changes can dramatically change the character of a car, without needing to change dampers etc. Is that worth exploring?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Last edited:
Reactions: GSB
Last year I received a copy of the email from Audi UK to the dealers giving them the details of the changes for all models for the 2016 Model Year on 14 April. So perhaps in a couple of weeks we will know what is happening for the 2017 MY.

Then we can all spend the next few weeks saying how much better the existing model is/was and why we don't like the changes if the past is anything to go by!!!

The dampers are gash.

Let me rephrase that. The dampers are gash, because they are mis-matched with the spring rate.

Fundamentals errors in set up then. Many questions that are perhaps for another thread, such as;

Anyone explored using the TT/ TTS/ golf R units?
What about the mag ride variable dampers?

Obviously , thanks for your knowledge, glad someone "knows" what's happening ...

Well, my Auntie's cousin's neighbour's dog is area manager for Audi so stick that in yer pipe n smoke it...........:whistle2:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and pburv
My mate Jesus knows everything and I was going to go and ask him about the facelift, but sadly he went missing yesterday and nobody has seen him since...

Reactions: Garby81, Gazjs, Cymru09 and 5 others
Maybe he's testing the facelift Rs3 ?

Just ordered the S3, expected delivery is the 30th of June and I've been guaranteed by the dealer it's a 'product improvement'/'facelift'.

Just ordered the S3, expected delivery is the 30th of June and I've been guaranteed by the dealer it's a 'product improvement'/'facelift'.
Wow you must be getting one of the first ones!

That gives me some better feeling about my order ^^^

I ordered a PFL then it didn't get allocated a build slot in time, so if a 'new' order is getting one for possibly end of June, then mine should hopefully be around then too (assuming they have some sort of 'queue' system for the orders)

@veeeight Thanks, I consider myself edumacated. (And somewhat bewildered that the aftermarket hasn't yet conjured up a cure that gives the ride and handling qualities it should have had without spending £1000 on mag-ride)

@dsme As long as you weren't in any hurry then you can call that a very positive result. Enjoy your car.

@veeeight Thanks, I consider myself edumacated. (And somewhat bewildered that the aftermarket hasn't yet conjured up a cure that gives the ride and handling qualities it should have had without spending £1000 on mag-ride

Whilst mag ride on the 8V undoubtedly improves things, it doesn't completely eradicate the issue, it just masks.

Newbie here

I'm just after some info...Thought all I had to do was go along to the garage on Saturday and order a new A3...then after a test drive and the usual waffle the salesman drops into the conversation 'oh since Thursday we can't order any A3's until the facelift model is introduced'

I gather from this thread that is true and we won't have any details until April at the earliest, would that be right?

Any info would be appreciated

But your driving a repmobile diesel A4? Therefore all arguments are null and void!

Seriously, some people dont like to buy new models as soon as they are released....they would rather let people like you pay a premium to do the initial testing and iron out all the faults, then they will make their purchase when decent discounts appear.

Speaking of discounts, does Audi usually have some discounts for new releases?

How long do we usually have to wait for those discounts appear at a later stage?

And yeah @Saral that's about it really.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you get a build date in June then I'm sure you will get the facelift.

Yeah but doesn't that mean a price increase? Even though you secure your FL, you will be expected to pay more if on PCP let's say or whatever.

Newbie here

I'm just after some info...Thought all I had to do was go along to the garage on Saturday and order a new A3...then after a test drive and the usual waffle the salesman drops into the conversation 'oh since Thursday we can't order any A3's until the facelift model is introduced'

I gather from this thread that is true and we won't have any details until April at the earliest, would that be right?

Any info would be appreciated
It seems that way I'm afraid...:friends:

Speaking of discounts, does Audi usually have some discounts for new releases?

How long do we usually have to wait for those discounts appear at a later stage?
I feel ripped off by Audi with cancelling my order :/

And yeah @Saral that's about it really.

Thank M96...i'll keep an eye here

Reactions: Mojave96
Guys you're being very impatient yeah l can understand that,l waited a few months for the current model so did most people on this forum, yeah my last post was somewhat abrupt and l apologise for that but l can speak for most existing owners of the S3,that WE ain't bothered in the slightest there's a wee facelift coming,all but me, are very happy with the current model,so those new to the forum and those that interested in the facelift,us existing members are only trying to help ya

Reactions: Simon L, Gazjs, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.