2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate it's definitely TFSI

I suppose you could say it's both, but most people know it as a Gen 3 TSI EA888 engine. It says TFSI on the engine cover though. But the TFSI name was generally for the older engine which was found in the 8P S3.

I suppose you could say it's both, but most people know it as a Gen 3 TSI EA888 engine. It says TFSI on the engine cover though. But the TFSI name was generally for the older engine which was found in the 8P S3.

Fair one, but still, I'm not going to argue with what it says under the bonnet. It may well be the same and just how it's marketed? I thought TSI was a VW thing, and marketed by Audi as TFSI. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other?

Last edited:
Fair one, but still, I'm not going to argue with what it says under the bonnet. It may well be the same and just how it's marketed? I thought TSI was a VW thing, and marketed by Audi as TFSI. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other?

Something like that, my engine cover says TSI on my R but on S3's it says TFSI. But they're the same engine, work that one out. Haha.

Something like that, my engine cover says TSI on my R but on S3's it says TFSI. But they're the same engine, work that one out. Haha.

Either way I'm not getting a facelift lol

So are there HP boosts with these facelifts? To keep them current with the A4.

I don't really like the new headlights, the current 8V's mean eyes DRL were bar none, made even better with the LED turn signals, but in the face lift the turn signals are reduced to those small lines.

How on earth are they going to get that cleared through the NHTSA.

Personally.......

Couldnt give a stuff about the looks (although I think the FL is fine).

They should have revised the steering and handling (especially S3). Thats what needed looking at.

There will always be tech advancements with the new shinny of anything. Take that for granted.

Are their performance gains with the extra 10ps on the S3?

Will there be a price increase?

You will still lose a load of cash the second you drive it off the forecourt.

When the next model comes out, you will wish you had that one.

Not being negative.......just realistic......as I have been on these car forums years and seen it all many times.

Reactions: Gazjs and veeeight
Personally.......

Couldnt give a stuff about the looks (although I think the FL is fine).

They should have revised the steering and handling (especially S3). Thats what needed looking at.

There will always be tech advancements with the new shinny of anything. Take that for granted.

Are their performance gains with the extra 10ps on the S3?

Will there be a price increase?

When the next model comes out, you will wish you had that one.

Not being negative.......just realistic......as I have been on these car forums years and seen it all many times.

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine.

Reactions: Martinbanshee, batch, jonneymendoza and 2 others
Personally.......

You will only lose about 1-2k after a year of using your car.

Thats hardly a load of cash the second you drive it.

What world do you live in?
You'll most likely lose over 20%-30% in the first year

Reactions: Soulboy, Gazjs and richinsoton
What world do you live in?
You'll most likely lose over 20%-30% in the first year
A world called Earth where a quick google or search on auto trader shows u no more then a 10% decrease over a year on 1 year old used cars.

A world called Earth where a quick google or search on auto trader shows u no more then a 10% decrease over a year on 1 year old used cars.

Sorry Mate, Im with Martin.....what planet are you on?

Just because you see them for that price on Autotrader, thats no relation to what the dealers paid for them. In fact, most cars are taken in at between £2k and £4k below the retail asking price.

Sorry Mate, Im with Martin.....what planet are you on?

Just because you see them for that price on Autotrader, thats no relation to what the dealers paid for them. In fact, most cars are taken in at between £2k and £4k below the retail asking price.

Unless you sell it privately, where you'll not reach the trade value, but you'll get much more than part-ex.

Reactions: richinsoton
aecebcf27a2f8d3d2ce96d89fbe10338.jpg

8b646591361e248c71bedbbcffa49afc.jpg

Easy easy

....unless you bought a Porsche Macan! They defy all logic of depreciation!

Think we should wind this one back guys.....

Hes obviously trolling......nobodys that unaware of the car market surely?

More like you guys are trolling me.

i have just posted clear evidence on auto trader on cars that are priced very closely to a brand new one...

Cant you guys see?

I bought an Astra Vxr when they were released , traded in a year later and lost an eye watering £1300 , Depends what you buy and when ,but that's a discussion for a different thread !

Good spot!

Must admit, the facelift looks good, a logical progression from the current car.

The ONLY small negative for me is the gap below the front grille/splitter.....it kinda looks like a smiley face....doesnt quite fit with the rest of the car.

More like you guys are trolling me.

i have just posted clear evidence on auto trader on cars that are priced very closely to a brand new one...

Cant you guys see?
That's what the dealers are selling them for, more than you'd ever get for selling it private or to a dealer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's what the dealers are selling them for, more than you'd ever get for selling it private or to a dealer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
So unless u buy private, you might as well buy brand new though as you can clearly see the prices for 1 year old cars from dealerships are not that much cheaper then brand new.

Also, Doesnt Auto trader have privately owned cars?

How many 1 year old cars would be flogged privately though? i dont think many would just up and arms sell their 1 year old car unless in huge financial difficulty etc.

Do many buy brand new cars and sell them after a years use just on a whim?

I bought an Astra Vxr when they were released , traded in a year later and lost an eye watering £1300 , Depends what you buy and when ,but that's a discussion for a different thread !
Is that all
I bought a MK7 Golf GTi and lost £6k after getting shot of it after only 4mths

Having just placed an order for A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport Stronic in Misano Red, I am happy with the facelift but have one or two unanswered questions although I know its very early days!

2. Tango Red is a new colour - if this is a non metallic/pearl (no cost colour) I may want to choose this instead - how would I stand?

Hmm...I could be wrong...I've seen Tango Red advertised as a metallic...I saw Tango some time ago in the flesh and it looked solid...(but was only a quick glance as it wasn't an option)..if it is metallic then I suspect it wont be a free colour....but then the A3 only has black and white at the moment as freebies...do they always have 3 free colours?.I wouldn't imagine any of the other new colours being free..my world's been thrown upside down lol as I may change my Misano...to er Tango/Ara/Cosmic!...or white/grey/silver/yellow...jeezarse

Is that all
I bought a MK7 Golf GTi and lost £6k after getting shot of it after only 4mths

Yep , best I have managed on a car , supply & demand, thought buying an Audi would be better , but it appears not . Bet the new focus rs will be the same , as demand is high and production low ...

So on a nutshell, when buy from a dealer you only get 10% discount but if you buy private you get more discount?

However as i said before, not many would sell there brand new car after 1 years use so i can imagine it is difficult to find a good deal privately.

Thoughts?

Only in the most unusual of circumstances will you lose that little. Circumstances like buying a low volume but highly desirable car like the Ford GT, or buying something with a long lead time like a new Mustang or the very first Audi TT when it was launched ad people were paying well over list for left hand drive cars.

The rest of the market adheres to very different but very reliable laws;

As for the advertised prices on auto trader? They are the advertised prices, not the prices achieved. The dealer knows he's going to have to discount it. They're as realistic as property prices. Hardly anyone pays the asking, unless the property is rare and desirable.

Reactions: jonneymendoza
Hmm...I could be wrong...I've seen Tango Red advertised as a metallic...I saw Tango some time ago in the flesh and it looked solid...(but was only a quick glance as it wasn't an option)..if it is metallic then I suspect it wont be a free colour....but then the A3 only has black and white at the moment as freebies...do they always have 3 free colours?.I wouldn't imagine any of the other new colours being free..my world's been thrown upside down lol as I may change my Misano...to er Tango/Ara/Cosmic!...or white/grey/silver/yellow...jeezarse
Deffo metallic, the new tt and a4 has the same colour and one I have waiting to come to the a3.
https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/audi-tt-colour-guide-and-prices

They'll probably add some of the 'fun' colours that the Q2 was previewed in...

Surely VAT plays a huge part in depreciation? If you buy a £25k A3, then you've just paid £5k in tax, so essentially your car is 'worth' £20k at the outset, which would explain the 'you lose thousands the minute you drive away' rule.

Cheers...that settles that....however after trawling through some other forums.. it sounds like it's the Misano debate again...owners say yes its metallic but it looks solid!..
Many metallic or pearlescent colours look solid from a distance when there is no light to bring out the particles. Our candy blue fiesta does the same...

Many metallic or pearlescent colours look solid from a distance when there is no light to bring out the particles. Our candy blue fiesta does the same...
I shall pootle down to the dealer next week...they can't advise which colours are designated to which model yet..so I'm possibly getting over excited prematurely....I may stick with Misano anyway..Tango 'on reflection' looks a tad dark....but I'd like to cross it off the list...which leaves the two blues ...I will be amazed if my FL arrives early June....not a huge issue if it doesn't

Surely VAT plays a huge part in depreciation? If you buy a £25k A3, then you've just paid £5k in tax, so essentially your car is 'worth' £20k at the outset, which would explain the 'you lose thousands the minute you drive away' rule.

Seems logical that VAT will play a part, I bought my S3 tax free and with 8% discount, I ended up paying £28,771.49. With tax and no discount it would of been £38,615 OTR if I remember correctly, so that's £9,843.51 I saved. Now the car is 1 year old (well 1 year from 1st registration is in 2 weeks) and has 14k miles on the clock and servicing complete, I can get a PX value of £26,500 against an RS3 (which would also be tax free) so in effect owning this car would have only cost me a loss of £2271.49 in 1 year (if I were to go for it). That PX value only exists to me if I go for an RS3, the only RS3's available to me are stock cars and all pretty much fully loaded and with no discount (no option to spec one up to my own spec as I did the S3), I can't really afford or justify to the wife the difference it will cost me to move into one of the RS3's available, unless I did exactly that and actually move into one! The PX value I have been offered against anything other than an RS3 is only £24,800 (and i expect will be dwindling as I type since the facelift has been announced) so if I were to go for something else the car would have cost me a loss of £3971.49 in 1 year. Of course I could shop about and the figures may change slightly but I doubt it would get much better. So yeah although VAT does play a big part, you can't get away from the fact that most people have payed VAT so it's still money lost, if I'd paid tax and didn't get the 8% discount I would have lost between £12,115 and £13,815, that's up to (nearly) a whopping 36% in 1 year. I have to agree with the majority here and say to jonneymendoza "what planet are you on" (sorry pal), anyone only losing just 1-2k in a year having paid tax has the deal of the millennium.... and the last one.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Vegas Yellow or Cosmic Blue on my next sportback, maybe even an RS...

I've been searching this forum for the colour I saw a while back (I think it was an exclusive colour?) It's Blue, quite light, almost like a slightly lighter metallic version of Vauxhalls Arden Blue. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Since we've started talking colours, does anyone know the colour I'm looking for?

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.