1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

2015 S3 Help

samruss Mar 25, 2016

1. samruss

samruss 2015 S3 Cabriolet with all the trimmings!

Just got my S3 Cab in Australia. (no Audi Connect, as they don't have it here).

1) How do you upload POI's on the MMI? Speed Camera's etc.
    2) Can I get a Wind Deflector anywhere?
    3) Can you change the function of the buttons on the steering wheel? I want a button that is always 'Answer' and another button that is always 'Hang Up'. Is this possible?
    4) Can you edit the director the 'toggle' moves? You have to move it Anti-Clockwise to go Clockwise - so backward!

Cheers,
    Sam

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. pburv

pburv Registered User

Can't help you with the techy side of things but you could try E Bay for the wind deflector..Have seen one on E Bay UK for £159.99.:friends:http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2MlgxNjAw/z/FjkAAOSwJQdW8mB0/$_57.JPG

samruss likes this.
  4. pburv

pburv Registered User

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

1) I think only with the connect version
    2) Google is your friend as you'll need a supplier in aussieland, however I would think that fastening a air defector to a frameless door would be impossible, if that's what you mean.
    3) If your spec has the full amount of steering wheel buttons one is programable, see the manual.
    4) Nope, unless the car can be reprogrammed through the vcds..

6. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

You can set the sort of multi star button on the right of the steering wheel to do anything you want. Mines is set to skip tracks on my iPhone's music.

7. samruss

8. samruss

1) I've seen some other threads that say you can do it - but it's ****** hard to get right!! (http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a3-s3-rs3/45838-8v-mmi-how-add-pois.html)
    2) Yeah i have fully specced wheel - but there isn't a way you can program the '*' button to answer and or hang up calls. Annoying!!
    3) I've heard about the VCDs, but no idea if there is anyone in Melbourne who could do it and no idea where to start!

Thanks for the help :)

9. samruss

You can't get it to do 'anything'... There are about 6 options - and the one I want 'answer/hang up' calls is not one of them - nightmare! doing my head in haha

Scottyg likes this.
  10. pburv

pburv Registered User

On my car to answer or hang up a phone call all you have to do is push down on the scroll wheel on the left hand side...:friends:

Scottyg and Simon L like this.
  11. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

Or press the big dial in the middle console.

pburv likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RichardT

RichardT Registered User

Yes - this is all you have to do.

Direction of scroll wheel is irritating isn't it. Maybe it's that German brains work differently from everywhere else in the world!!

pburv likes this.
  14. RedRS3Reilly

RedRS3Reilly Registered User

My shortcut on the steering wheel button is for the drive select