2015 RS3 CLUNKY GEAR BOX/CHANGE

rhysdavies91

Reaction score
Hi does anyone else have this issue where sometimes gear changes aren't smooth and jolty, or when coming to a stand still the clutch or gear box makes a clunking noise?

thanks

Yes perfectly normal on pfl anyway.
It took me a while before I noticed the one when coming to a stop, just the gearbox selecting 1st gear again.
As for clunky jerky changes I occasionally get this but not everytime.
I'm going for the tvs driveability gearbox map which is supposed to improve gearbox behaviour and smooth out shifts

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi does anyone else have this issue where sometimes gear changes aren't smooth and jolty, or when coming to a stand still the clutch or gear box makes a clunking noise?

thanks

Yep. Change down into 1st while still moving and I get whiplash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep exactly the same and mines only done 10,000 miles.

I’m sure I read on here a while back someone had a gearbox software update from audi to help things ?

I have also heard of people getting the latest software from Audi but as far as I'm aware it doesn't resolve the symptoms.
Wouldn't say theres anything bad but when you first experience it you do worry if its meant to do it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

On my PFL I used to get horrendous 3-2 downshifts, like it had forgotten what gear it was going for

Several trips to Audi and software resets / upgrades did nothing to resolve it either.

Had a FL Golf R with the DQ 381 gearbox that was silky smooth

Have the FL RS3 currently and the DQ500 is trouble free.

Reactions: grainqey and Marshy
On my PFL I used to get horrendous 3-2 downshifts, like it had forgotten what gear it was going for

Several trips to Audi and software resets / upgrades did nothing to resolve it either.

Had a FL Golf R with the DQ 381 gearbox that was silky smooth

Have the FL RS3 currently and the DQ500 is trouble free.
I have a DQ500 that is clunky and noisy as hell. According to Audi that’s normal and a characteristic of the gearbox. The car has just over 1k miles on the clock now and I think I may go back again.

Pfl here also and yep the gearbox isn't great (smoothness)

I have a FL 2017 which has stage 1 APR map, I've also got a clunky change from 2nd to 1st and quite jerky in auto coming to a stop, I think it's worse with the remap on than it was as standard, currently at 14k miles. I just saw that Awesome GTI now offer a TVS TCU map with a few different options so may go for that soon which hopefully smooth things out.