2015 PFL fog light replacement (LED)

Unfortunately I can't answer your question but I would be interested in any replies. I want to replace them myself to match the DRLs and xenons but don't know if there are any pitfalls and also don't know how difficult/easy the fit is? Sorry to hijack your thread ha but any help would be appreciated!

Well, they certainly look easy to fit. It's covered from p 278 in the Owners Manual. The LED bulbs in the link seem to be a direct replacement for halogen bulbs...

Well, they certainly look easy to fit. It's covered from p 278 in the Owners Manual. The LED bulbs in the link seem to be a direct replacement for halogen bulbs...
Nice one will take a look thanks.

Couple of screenshots from the owners manual :)

Halogenbulbs
Xenonbulbs

Reactions: Kalashnikov and Pook
Correct :)

As another option, it might be worth speaking to @t8ups as he's the replacement LED bulb king around here. He might be able to sort you out.

Reactions: Pook and Wibbly
Read the manual and it explains how to remove the trim cover with the hub cap remover and screwdriver. I had a little trial putting the hub cap hook into the hole and gave it a good tug but didn't seem to budge. I'm a whimp when it comes to this stuff as don't want to snap anything. Anyone removed this before?

Read the manual and it explains how to remove the trim cover with the hub cap remover and screwdriver. I had a little trial putting the hub cap hook into the hole and gave it a good tug but didn't seem to budge. I'm a whimp when it comes to this stuff as don't want to snap anything. Anyone removed this before?

Yeah just give it a good firm tug with the centre cap remover and screwdriver or something similar. It will come out eventually, just be firm.

That website's fitting guide says H11, so that is incorrect. In the reviews for the H11 version there is a review that states they fit a 2016 A3...

Yeah just give it a good firm tug with the centre cap remover and screwdriver or something similar. It will come out eventually, just be firm.

Just done it, be brave... think of it as a grown up version of removing and replacing a tight cover on the back of your phone ;-)

When refitting, I found I had to re-seat one of the lights (it seemed to go in slightly misaligned) so the cover went on easily - and you have to press it back quite firmly and all around.

Reactions: Pook
That website's fitting guide says H11, so that is incorrect. In the reviews for the H11 version there is a review that states they fit a 2016 A3...

I think I would rather trust the actual owners manual rather than a review on a website. Plus I've changed the bulbs in question and they're definitely H8's

Reactions: Wibbly
Well lights all fitted today. Used H8 white light halogens sourced from @t8ups. Must say they are a massive improvement, they have blue streaks in them which I think look cool.

Removing the housing I must say was not comfortable for me. Holy Chr**t you have to pull hard to get them covers off! I thought I was about to rip my bumper in 2! When removing one side, the little hook found in the spare wheel pack kept slipping out the hole so I had to resort to an allen key and a pair of pliers! The bulb housing also does not have a definitive 'position' when screwing back in so if it's not quite right when you replace it the cover might not fit back on correctly. The covers click back in ok with a bit of firm pushing but I can't for the life of me get a couple of the lower clips on one side to pop in so will have to ask audi to help when it goes in for a service in a couple of months.

... they have blue streaks in them

... bulb housing also does not have a definitive 'position' when screwing back in so if it's not quite right when you replace it the cover might not fit back on correctly.

... The covers click back in ok with a bit of firm pushing but I can't for the life of me get a couple of the lower clips on one side to pop in so will have to ask audi to help when it goes in for a service in a couple of months.

Similar experiences here. Lights are much better than what they replace, but have a blue tinge which doesn't quite match DRLs. To be clear, it was halogens I received and fitted (the type that have a blue filter in/on the quartz), not LED replacements, despite the title of this topic.

Hope you don't lose either of your covers before you make it to the dealer. Maybe removing them and trying again (a bit like the housings) will help? I had to apply similar pressure to get them back as when removing. As I mentioned above, it's all a bit like removing/replacing the back cover on a phone that doesn't really "want" to be removed & re-fitted ;-)

Last edited:
Similar experiences here. Hope you don't lose either of your covers before you make it to the dealer. Maybe removing them and trying again (a bit like the housings) will help? I had to apply similar pressure to get them back as when removing. As I mentioned above, it's all a bit like removing/replacing the back cover on a phone that doesn't really "want" to be removed & re-fitted ;-)
I'm hoping I've got enough of them in place to hold them no problem. But yea I think the process should be a lot easier. I did try removing it again once and redoing but to no avail. I'm not trying again as will probs do more harm than good. Service in 3 months ish so hopefully be fine.