2015 Audi S4 CREC remap tune software available!

Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
We are pleased to announce the Unicorn Motor Developments software for the late model Audi S4 B8.

This car uses the CREC engine which has significant revisions from the previous engine, including a clutch controlled supercharger.

Power outputs are very similar to the previous incarnation. Power figures shown here are for 95 octane fuel! We will be publishing figures for 98 octane shortly.

Also already in development is the S Tronic gearbox software. This will unleash significant gains in power, by allowing the engine to rev higher. Here we are limited to 6400 rpm, with more power available up top! Prices start from £600 for standard hardware.

30436808254_4e23b7dd6e_c.jpg

30436806774_e3a2dd7a7a_c.jpg

31114351232_798dc178d2_c.jpg

Thanks, Rick

Reactions: scotty76, THQuattro, xpoweruk and 3 others
Great news! Am I right in thinking you're Cheshire based? Could be a long trip needed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great price. When will you be ready for pulley swap and dsg Map?

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Pulley swap - software is ready now, but you need crank pulley rather than supercharger pulley on the CREC. DSG software should be next week I hope, I'm pretty close.

Rick

Reactions: pez81 and xpoweruk
Pulley swap - software is ready now, but you need crank pulley rather than supercharger pulley on the CREC. DSG software should be next week I hope, I'm pretty close.

Rick

Can the crank pulley be used on a B8 for a dual pulley setup?
If so,what is the price of the pulley ? Please :)

Can the crank pulley be used on a B8 for a dual pulley setup?
If so,what is the price of the pulley ? Please :)

It depends what type of pulley you go for. You can go for a solid billet pulley for use with dual pulley setup which will cost you around £600. You can also use a modular damped pulley where you can actually change different drive ratios. These are around £1000, There is debate to which is better. You would need custom software for either setup.

Rick

Reactions: xpoweruk
Hahaa,I picked up on it a touch :)

Apologies for all the questions but....

Pulley swap - software is ready now, but you need crank pulley rather than supercharger pulley on the CREC.
Why? You mentioned the CREC has a clutch on the supercharger. Anything to do with that?

DSG software should be next week I hope, I'm pretty close.
What makes it different from the current DSG s/w (appreciate you may not want to say if you feel it gives you a competitive advantage) and have you had any issues with the DSG starting to slip with the increased power?

@arad85 - the CREC supercharger pulley is different because it is bolt-on. The previous one was push-on (after heating it up so that it expanded enough to do so). I don't know for sure but I suspect that Unicorn don't make their own pulleys and so they can only offer stage 2 with a 3rd party pulley. This means that until someone designs an undersize pulley with bolt holes for the CREC engine, the only option is an oversize crank pulley (and this part of the CREC engine has not changed).

The point about the DSG remap is that as I'm sure you have noticed, not only are the shift points quite low but also the rev limit is around 6250rpm (it was around 7000rpm in the pre-facelift models). Raising the redline with a new map makes a big difference to peak power, although for me raising the shift points would have a bigger impact on real-world driving. In fact I have been tempted to get my TCU remapped even before an ECU remap just to get the benefit.

I'm sure that TTV racing would make you a pulley,you wod just need to send them an OE one to work from

@arad85 - the CREC supercharger pulley is different because it is bolt-on. The previous one was push-on (after heating it up so that it expanded enough to do so). I don't know for sure but I suspect that Unicorn don't make their own pulleys and so they can only offer stage 2 with a 3rd party pulley. This means that until someone designs an undersize pulley with bolt holes for the CREC engine, the only option is an oversize crank pulley (and this part of the CREC engine has not changed).
Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

The point about the DSG remap is that as I'm sure you have noticed, not only are the shift points quite low but also the rev limit is around 6250rpm (it was around 7000rpm in the pre-facelift models). Raising the redline with a new map makes a big difference to peak power, although for me raising the shift points would have a bigger impact on real-world driving. In fact I have been tempted to get my TCU remapped even before an ECU remap just to get the benefit.
So between D and S modes, there are effectively 2 shift points for each gear. Not having experienced a TCU remap (or fully thought it through TBH) what would the TCU remap do to make it have a bigger impact? Or do you mean the combination of raising the limit and playing with the shift points makes it more driveable?

I assume any TCU remap retains the D and S modes albeit with different shift points....

@arad85 - I have not experienced a TCU remap either but I have looked into it. APR have quite a good description of theirs here. As you know when you are driving leisurely in D the 'box will change to a higher gear at quite low revs. In E the points are lower and in S they are higher. It is my understanding that a TCU remap won't affect this. As you must also have noticed when you drive more aggressively the shift points are higher, especially in S. However it still doesn't go near the redline, you can only achieve that in M. This is one of the things that a TCU remap will fix (see the list of rpms on APR's site). In the case of the B8.5, raising the redline and allowing the 'box to reach it will make a big impact on driving. There should be members on here who can comment from personal experience.

Reactions: arad85
Just seen that MTM have now released a proper map rather than a box. The only catch is that they're trying to charge nearly €9000!! Crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if someone wants to pay me that much, I will provide a full warranty for the engine, gearbox, a lifetime of discs and pads.....

Reactions: jdp1962, desertstorm and RyanJonS4