2015 Audi A3 TDI - Major Service

Adam Evans

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Going to do my first major service for my Audi, its a 2.0 TDI 2015 model with about 65k miles on it.

I bought it about 12 months ago and had a service before I had it from a dealership.

I am going to do a full major service so I know where I stand with it (no issues with it).

Whats rerecommended - OEM or any "Uprated stuff".

I priced up what I think is needed.

Oil filter £10.00 - OEM
Fuel filter £26.00 - OEM
Air filter £18.00 - OEM
Pollen filter £13.00 - OEM
Oil - £34 - https://www.opieoils.co.uk/showprod...tsgroupid=2354&genericpartname=Car engine oil

Reactions: Shortyian and quattrorally
P.S

I'm looking to change the discs and brakes on GSF, any idea what size I can fit as they have

Front - 288MM / 312MM Vented
Rear - 310MM Vented or 272MM soild

Also pads as well,

Rears seems to be

Quality brembo
Manufacturer Restriction ATE
Fitting Position Rear Axle
Thickness [mm] 16.2
Width [mm] 123
Height 1 [mm] 56.2
Height 2 [mm] 61.2
Wear Warning Contact not prepared for wear indicator

But fronts are either

Quality brembo
Manufacturer Restriction TRW
Fitting Position Front Axle
Thickness [mm] 20.4
Width [mm] 160.2
Height [mm] 64.5
Number of Wear Indicators 1
Wear Warning Contact incl. wear warning contact
Warning Contact Length [mm] 170

Or

Quality brembo
Manufacturer Restriction TRW
Fitting Position Front Axle
Thickness [mm] 20
Width [mm] 175.2
Height [mm] 69.7
Number of Wear Indicators 1
Wear Warning Contact incl. wear warning contact
Warning Contact Length [mm] 260

You can get oil here for a lot less than that.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't hestitate to use Brembo kit. Don't forget to check Amazon when it comes to pricing discs and pads, either. There are often some proper bargains on there if you're prepared to bide your time.

I've done complete disc and pad changes on three cars over the years with stuff bought from Amazon. Everything I got was kosher. No knocked-off rubbish at all, and it's saved me a small fortune. I've got a full Brembo set - four discs, eight pads - for our daughter's 8P 1.6 under my bench waiting for the next time she's home, and that lot cost me a squeak under a hundred notes in total.

Some of the biggest savings have come from things where the packaging is damaged. I couldn't give two hoots if the box is all smushed up, and even if what's inside is damaged, you can always send it back.

You've got to work pretty hard to cause significant damage to a pair of sodding great lumps of cast-iron.

Most of the time the gear on ECP and GSF is nowhere near the bargain it appears to be. As other have said, their regular prices are ludicrously high, and all the twice-a-day flood of e-mails 60% off sales do is bring it down to what most others charge.

And as far as 'expertise' is concerned, I doubt that the peeps who put stuff in cardboard boxes at ECP have got any more of it than the ones doing the same job in a giant Amazon warehouse.

No disrespect intended, of course...

Did the oil and fuel filters on mine today

Quantum 0-30 from TPS £20
Bosch fuel filter from ECP £14
Fram Oil filter from ECP £6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adam Evans
You can get oil here for a lot less than that.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't hestitate to use Brembo kit. Don't forget to check Amazon when it comes to pricing discs and pads, either. There are often some proper bargains on there if you're prepared to bide your time.

I've done complete disc and pad changes on three cars over the years with stuff bought from Amazon. Everything I got was kosher. No knocked-off rubbish at all, and it's saved me a small fortune. I've got a full Brembo set - four discs, eight pads - for our daughter's 8P 1.6 under my bench waiting for the next time she's home, and that lot cost me a squeak under a hundred notes in total.

Some of the biggest savings have come from things where the packaging is damaged. I couldn't give two hoots if the box is all smushed up, and even if what's inside is damaged, you can always send it back.

You've got to work pretty hard to cause significant damage to a pair of sodding great lumps of cast-iron.

Most of the time the gear on ECP and GSF is nowhere near the bargain it appears to be. As other have said, their regular prices are ludicrously high, and all the twice-a-day flood of e-mails 60% off sales do is bring it down to what most others charge.

And as far as 'expertise' is concerned, I doubt that the peeps who put stuff in cardboard boxes at ECP have got any more of it than the ones doing the same job in a giant Amazon warehouse.

No disrespect intended, of course...

Great stuff! thanks for this.

Does anyone know the correct fitment type for the A3 with sizes?

Hi Folks,

Going to do my first major service for my Audi, its a 2.0 TDI 2015 model with about 65k miles on it.

I bought it about 12 months ago and had a service before I had it from a dealership.

I am going to do a full major service so I know where I stand with it (no issues with it).

Whats rerecommended - OEM or any "Uprated stuff".

I priced up what I think is needed.

Oil filter £10.00 - OEM
Fuel filter £26.00 - OEM
Air filter £18.00 - OEM
Pollen filter £13.00 - OEM
Oil - £34 - https://www.opieoils.co.uk/showproduct.aspx?VariantID=301003&SEName=shell-helix-hx8-ect-5w-30-fully-synthetic-engine-oil&vehicleid=4189&yearfilter=2015&providerpartid=301003&genericpartid=1862&providerpartlinkid=36433&partsgroupid=2354&genericpartname=Car engine oil

Hello, I've done mine for many years now - see below threads :chuncky:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...i-150ps-vag-ea228-engine.317244/#post-3409579

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...i-150ps-vag-ea228-engine.317248/#post-3409565

I've always used Euro Car Parts - All filters Mann filters apart from the fuel filter which is UFI. Mobil 1 ESP: 5w30 (where ever i can find it the cheapest - its normally around £35-40 for 5L)

Hope all goes well for you! Good Luck