2015 2.0 TDI 190 - idle speed issue

ajaybhatoa

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an 2015 Audi A5 which has 7000 miles on the clock, bought it from Audi with 2000.

Over the last few month the car has had some issues;

- fuel tank failure error message (fixed by Audi fitting a new speedo cluster)

Now the car keeps idling at 1000rpm and sometimes it idled at 800. I use the car every day on A roads and motorways so the DPF shouldn't be causing me any issues. Sometimes the fans on the car can remain on for a long while also after turning the car off.

Audi have had the car in to them last week for this issue and couldn't find a problem and then fitted a new control unit of some sort.

I've been driving the car around since and the issue is still there.

The service manager has called me and said this is within tolerance and is quite normal; whereas my friend who is a mechanic said it isn't correct.

Has anyone had this issue or just give me some advice on what to do next as I am very unhappy with the car being this way.

Cheers.

Ajay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bit you said the fan still remains on after switching off means dpf regen is in progress.

I have a 177bhp version and it usually raises its idle just like yours when its doing its passive regen.

So most likely thats whats happening to yours.

If you have access to some sort of diagnostic check to see what the dpf levels are and then you'll know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk