2014 Glacier White Revo S3

I will need new brakes soon and since my plan is to go Stage 3, then why not now?

I have been eyeing up changing to the Clupsport brake kit - mainly because it is OEM, lighter (09.kg each) and I retain the use of my optional extra red calipers

So, I've ordered a set of Clubsport front brakes with DS2500 Ferrodo pads and matching MTECH rears with same pads

Hopefully these should arrive this week, early next week then get them all fitted when the turbos are back in stock with Revo by the end of the month - exciting times ahead for my car!

MQB_340mm_Clubsport___55141.1490778496.1280.1280__13380.1490796994.jpg
Liking your plans.....Where did you get the CSS discs from?

I will need new brakes soon and since my plan is to go Stage 3, then why not now?

I have been eyeing up changing to the Clupsport brake kit - mainly because it is OEM, lighter (09.kg each) and I retain the use of my optional extra red calipers

So, I've ordered a set of Clubsport front brakes with DS2500 Ferrodo pads and matching MTECH rears with same pads

Hopefully these should arrive this week, early next week then get them all fitted when the turbos are back in stock with Revo by the end of the month - exciting times ahead for my car!

Have to say, you don’t mess about Decide quickly and crack on. Look forward to the updates on brakes, turbo/stage 3

Reactions: Boydie
This is what I have done but I would do the lines and fluid while your at it.

I'm very confident in the brakes now, it's a very good mod to do.

Just be careful with the pads as the spring clips on the pad could be squashed so you will need to open them out.

What lines and fluid would you recommend Mike?

Reactions: MikeParkin

Did you not consider a big brake kit? I'm torn between the Clubsport disc upgrade or buying some some TTRS 370mm discs and a set of 4 pot brembos. I'm only stage 2, so reckon I could get away with just having new discs. Would be a lot cheaper anyway

What lines and fluid would you recommend Mike?

I got Tarox lines and Pagid dot 5 fluid. I did use Tarox dot 4 fluid but had a sticky caliper so once I'd stripped the caliper down and rebuilt it I'd lost fluid. Seen the pagid flud on euro car parts so just got that.

I personally think BBK is overrated for everyday use. If you track and or show your car then fair enough, not saying BBK aren't good just not essential.

Did you not consider a big brake kit? I'm torn between the Clubsport disc upgrade or buying some some TTRS 370mm discs and a set of 4 pot brembos. I'm only stage 2, so reckon I could get away with just having new discs. Would be a lot cheaper anyway

As Mike says, for every day use I don't see the point plus my calipers are red and are an optional extra from factory and want to keep it looking OEM

Reactions: MikeParkin and NevMan
Yeah, I have been nudging more towards just the clubsport discs and some hoses and fluid. It's cheaper and less hassle. I need to get my calipers painted too, I likey the red ones!

Are you going for Golf Clubsport S front discs?

Another drag race under the belt, this time at Bishopscourt Airfield for Drag Racing Irelands "One Very Last Blast"

I hadn't been to BC since my Uni days, probably 2003, those cold nights of illegal drag racing lol brought back good memories!

Anyway, I hadn't done a single thing to my car since the Straightliner event last month at Enniskillen so yesterday was just for a bit of fun, no prep, just go out and race

TBH not as smoothly ran as Straighliners but they found their groove and you were racing quick enough after each attempt.

All in, I raced 8 times and the S3 never skipped a beat, results as follows:

1. S3 (12.122S) vs MR2 (13.621)

2. S3 (12.081) vs Civic (17.230)

3. S3 (12.061) vs Supra TT (13.534)

4. S3 (12.230) vs EK9 Civic Type R

5. S3 (12.300) vs Volvo 240 (sleeper?) (15.137)

6. S3 (12.291) vs F10 M5 600+ bhp from Enniskillen (12.732)

At this stage I found out that I had qualified with the 4th fastest time of the day and into a knock out stage. These races were based on who crosses the line first. In the semi final I was against a red R35 GTR JM1200R with approx. 1000bhp

He hadn't been doing well all day and was struggling with grip. He put down a 10.8s earlier in the day. He was slow off the line and I just pipped it by a smidge, even though he recorded a faster time

7. S3 (12.241) vs GTR JM1200R (11.938)

That got me into the final against a friend of mine who I told about the drag race lol he arrived just before the knock out stages for 1 run and recorded a low 11 which put him into second. He beat OMA?? Scooby in his semi final and was put against me in the final.

I had no hope but was a fantastic experience and has me hooked for the next event!

8: S3 (12.042 - my fastest of the day) vs 991 911 Turbo S (10.820)

What a day.

Reactions: James__S3, Tom.H, SPIKE_ and 3 others
Wow, fair play @Boydie Some performance there. Just imagine when you have new turbo, further tweaks and brakes on (just for the slowing at the end)

Sounds like a great day @Boydie.

Look forward to seeing this on Saturday morning! I assume your still getting down on Saturday?

Another drag race under the belt, this time at Bishopscourt Airfield for Drag Racing Irelands "One Very Last Blast"

I hadn't been to BC since my Uni days, probably 2003, those cold nights of illegal drag racing lol brought back good memories!

Anyway, I hadn't done a single thing to my car since the Straightliner event last month at Enniskillen so yesterday was just for a bit of fun, no prep, just go out and race

TBH not as smoothly ran as Straighliners but they found their groove and you were racing quick enough after each attempt.

All in, I raced 8 times and the S3 never skipped a beat, results as follows:

1. S3 (12.122S) vs MR2 (13.621)

2. S3 (12.081) vs Civic (17.230)

3. S3 (12.061) vs Supra TT (13.534)

4. S3 (12.230) vs EK9 Civic Type R

5. S3 (12.300) vs Volvo 240 (sleeper?) (15.137)

6. S3 (12.291) vs F10 M5 600+ bhp from Enniskillen (12.732)

At this stage I found out that I had qualified with the 4th fastest time of the day and into a knock out stage. These races were based on who crosses the line first. In the semi final I was against a red R35 GTR JM1200R with approx. 1000bhp

He hadn't been doing well all day and was struggling with grip. He put down a 10.8s earlier in the day. He was slow off the line and I just pipped it by a smidge, even though he recorded a faster time

7. S3 (12.241) vs GTR JM1200R (11.938)

That got me into the final against a friend of mine who I told about the drag race lol he arrived just before the knock out stages for 1 run and recorded a low 11 which put him into second. He beat OMA?? Scooby in his semi final and was put against me in the final.

I had no hope but was a fantastic experience and has me hooked for the next event!

8: S3 (12.042 - my fastest of the day) vs 991 911 Turbo S (10.820)

What a day.

Jesus, that Porsche is quick!!

Reactions: NevMan
It’s OEM part from clubsport to match the front disc? I purchased a pair of front clubsport disc with pads but didn’t change the rear ones...

David, the clubsport rears do not match and they just use the normal OEM disc. I decided I wanted them to match so I went with the mtech set

They are not 100%, 3 drilled holes instead of 4 but close enough!

Reactions: DAVID_1792
David, the clubsport rears do not match and they just use the normal OEM disc. I decided I wanted them to match so I went with the mtech set

They are not 100%, 3 drilled holes instead of 4 but close enough!

Thank you mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mechanic doesn't really do photos so this is the best he got lol old vs Revo's IS38ETR

B72A679C BE55 4F72 ACF1 C085EB53C75C

Got the car back on Friday and its amazing, drives as normal and toodles along unknown to anyone that there is up to 500bhp under the bonnet!

I haven't been able to open her up fully yet but hopefully get some time later this week. I plan to borrow a race logic data collector off a mate for some runs to see what the 0-60 and quarter mile times are now

A poor launch video (which felt class) but I hope to get the drone and go pro out for something a bit better soon!

Reactions: Compkiler, oli356, MikeParkin and 1 other person
My mechanic doesn't really do photos so this is the best he got lol old vs Revo's IS38ETR

View attachment 165705

Got the car back on Friday and its amazing, drives as normal and toodles along unknown to anyone that there is up to 500bhp under the bonnet!

I haven't been able to open her up fully yet but hopefully get some time later this week. I plan to borrow a race logic data collector off a mate for some runs to see what the 0-60 and quarter mile times are now

A poor launch video (which felt class) but I hope to get the drone and go pro out for something a bit better soon!

Jeez, that does look ****** fast!

Just caught up on this whole post, absolutely love how OEM this car is! There is something about a 3dr with 19" alloys just looks incredible!

Reactions: NevMan and Boydie
While I was on holiday I asked my mechanics to fit my GTI Clubsport brakes and DS2500 pads, I love them

0CBE8979 F734 44C1 8D3F A76E43DE0070

Mtech rears and DS2500 pads

F3EF67A4 376D 440F 9A92 09BF9B25B107

Turbo and inlet pipe shot, nothing exciting but I just love how OEM everything is in the VAG range and you wouldn’t know what was all hidden beneath
73075383 B79E 4A4F B7D3 7F11CB727C2E

7CEEDEF2 74D6 4C80 9C32 70ABA557A4B6

Sneaky decal for those in the know

46A79FED C7D3 4669 82CC E502AEB52F15

Having only driven it for a week with the new turbo and power, I am not noticing any fuel differences in my daily commute. Had it a blast over the back roads last night and it just feels amazing and handles/brakes so well now.

Cannot wait for the next drag event that I can get too. Would have loved to have done Runway this weekend in Dublin but too soon after holidays :worried:

Next is to get the DSG serviced and replace the NGK plugs again so I’m back on a level playing field

Reactions: NevMan and MaxBoostMRC
While I was on holiday I asked my mechanics to fit my GTI Clubsport brakes and DS2500 pads, I love them

View attachment 166873

Mtech rears and DS2500 pads

View attachment 166874

Turbo and inlet pipe shot, nothing exciting but I just love how OEM everything is in the VAG range and you wouldn’t know what was all hidden beneath
View attachment 166876

View attachment 166875
Sneaky decal for those in the know

View attachment 166877

Having only driven it for a week with the new turbo and power, I am not noticing any fuel differences in my daily commute. Had it a blast over the back roads last night and it just feels amazing and handles/brakes so well now.

Cannot wait for the next drag event that I can get too. Would have loved to have done Runway this weekend in Dublin but too soon after holidays :worried:

Next is to get the DSG serviced and replace the NGK plugs again so I’m back on a level playing field
@Boydie looking amazing, like you and others, love the OEM look of your "sleeper". Look forward to your next set of videos, as the ones from your last (pre turbo etc) were spot on! One hell of a machine you have there. :icon thumright::respekt::hubbahubba:

Reactions: Compkiler and Boydie