1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Maintenance work on Tuesday 7th April

Due to some much needed work to the servers we will be going off line for a couple of hours on Tuesday.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Glacier White Revo S3

Boydie Mar 18, 2017

1. Mr Gav

Mr Gav Member

Hi sorry to butt in on your thread but you have been talking Dyno graphs and 4wd rolling roads etc and I am a bit confused and new to all this so please bare with me.
    I am wondering if this is why the graph I have had done on a 2wd rolling road is only showing 400nm of torque @ 501bhp (flywheel) 401bhp at the wheels.
    I thought the torque seems low for what is said to be possible on a stage 3 tune or does it need to be a Revo Stage 3 tune to be getting big figure?
    I am running a Stage 3 tune with Turbo Technics Is38 turbo, all uprated boost pipes, Milltek de-cat non resonated, VWR 600 air intake and a REVO intercooler and using Shell 99 octane fuel.
    Again sorry for throwing all that at you and any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

MikeParkin likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Manual

Who mapped the car and a FWD dyno will be best for you.

4. Lehn

Lehn The van man Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

Can you tell more about why this is the best?

5. Mr Gav

Mr Gav Member

PSI tuning in Stoke-On-Trent.

MikeParkin likes this.
  6. MikeParkin

In 2wd mode the figures produced are completely irrelevant in relation to the car being on road when the haldex kicks in the power losses throughdiff/transmission render the rollers figures pointless in my eyes.

I'd want to know what my car putting onto the road under load when the 4wd system is active.

Just my 2p!

X3man likes this.
  7. Lehn

Lol I read FWD as front wheel drive and not four wheel drive. Now I better understand your statement :icon thumright:

MikeParkin and X3man like this.
  8. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

Easily done, possibly better to depict as 4WD

9. MikeParkin

I ordered my CTS parts from there years ago haha.

10. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

479.5bhp !!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Lehn and oli356 like this.
  11. MaxBoostMRC

MaxBoostMRC Member

Thought it would be more than that. More like 520bhp

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Lehn

Did you just unplug the haldex controller to roll it on the front wheels?

14. Boydie

Revo quote 450-500bhp for Stage 3 depending on fuel. Some tests have seen up to 5% with the pumps at 3+ but again would depend on fuel. That’s where you’re getting the 520 from but we only have 97 Ron fuel here in Northern Ireland.

Still have a 0-60mph of 3.19s and quarter mile of 11.17s before the pumps.

Yeah that’s what they did. Wasn’t keen at first but after discussing it with them for a bit I thought we’d give it a go.

X3man likes this.
  15. MikeParkin

What was your stage 2 figure @Boydie

16. Boydie

Power? Don't know as I didn't have it on the rollers

I don't have a 0-60 as I didn't have dragy then but the fastest quarter mile I recorded at stage 2 was 12.04s

17. Mr Gav

Mr Gav Member

Do you know what torque you are doing?

18. Boydie

@Mr Gav hopefully get the RR print out later today and I will find out for sure

MaxBoostMRC likes this.
  19. Mr Gav

Mr Gav Member

Does your exhaust have a resonator @Boydie? Just wondering if it’s ok to have one on a stage 3 tune as I’ve just had mine tuned with a decat and a non resonated exhaust but feeling like an ASBO will soon be coming.
    They didn’t seem to want to use a resonator as putting more pressure on the turbo. Is this right do you think?

MikeParkin likes this.
  20. MikeParkin

You want the best flow possible, I don’t care if I’m an asbo hahaha

Mr Gav likes this.
  21. Boydie

Yeah my exhaust is resonated but valveless @Mr Gav - didn't want to be antisocial especially where I live in a built up area. Plus its my every day car so didn't want to be frustrated with the car (or wake my wife every morning at 0630 lol)

22. Mr Gav

Mr Gav Member

Not sure whether to try one of them Cete auto valve control box as I had a valved exhaust not realising the valves don’t shut on startup and in first gear as standard so defeats the purpose of them for me as I was more concerned about keeping quiet in my street rather than making more noise like most others. I am an unusual case as my car tuners said.

23. Mr Gav

Mr Gav Member

It would be like an earthquake if I started mine at 6.30 in the morning.

X3man and MikeParkin like this.
  24. Boydie

To have the valves added to my miltek system would have been an extra £500 and would open them only in dynamic mode

Wasn't fussed on spending the extra and also, for all the time I am in dynamic mode it wouldn't be worth while so thought going resonated/valveless was a good combo.

25. Mr Gav

Mr Gav Member

Do you still get a nice note from it @Boydie ? I must admit it does amuse me the looks I get off some old folk (like I’ve had a s*it in their front garden) but it’s not always appropriate, like when I went to a funeral last week.

MikeParkin likes this.
  26. MikeParkin

Not everyone will like your taste pal but I bet there’s a lot that do. It’s a car thing to be honest just enjoy it.

Mr Gav likes this.
  27. Boydie

Been a while since I have posted in general but hopefully this post will be worth it so please bear with me, this will be long or just scroll through and admire the photos

If you have kept up to date with this thread, I had the fuel pumps installed and software updated to deal with the heat soak issues I experienced at the last drag event. I was then planning to compete at the next event in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland but unfortunately this was cancelled.

The next event "local" (Dublin) wasn't until October but that was not confirmed. I would have loved to have gone to Santa Pod but was just concerned about the overall cost (you may quote me on that later) and timing.

Crail Raceway, Scotland run an event every month and the next one was 21/07/19. Every year, my family have a reunion in Findhorn in Morayshire so the timing was perfect as it was the following weekend so what better time for a road trip!

My wife and wee boy were not available for the whole trip plus I would have felt guilty so had @Carson as the next best thing to keep me company.

So, we left Belfast harbour at 0730 on Saturday 20th July

IMG_4726.JPG

Boat ready and tank near empty, ready for some 99 in Ayr as we do not get 99 here in NI.

IMG_4728.JPG

Time to set the Revo map via SPS to 98-100 ron!

So this is the route that my mate Carson and I had planned for the Saturday, head straight to Loch Lomond via the Crow Road to the Trossachs and Dukes pass, head north to Ballquiddher to McLaren grave, then over to Crieff to Dunkeld which Top Gear had listed as one of their top driving roads in Scotland - it did not disappoint! Finished off at my mates in Cowdenbeath where we would rest our weary heads after a few drams of whisky!

Saturday.jpg

Callander - Trossachs

IMG_4737.JPG

Stopped off at this lovely pub for a quick half pint of Caledonian before heading north to the grave site

IMG_4744.JPG

Must have been a MG TF run that day as there were at least 6/7 parked up as well as this lovely car:

IMG_4740.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

Then mine

IMG_4743.JPG

Then onto the grave site in Ballquiddher, pretty cool spot and run

IMG_4747.JPG

IMG_4749.JPG

The road from Crieff to Saint Fillans to Dunkeld, my word!!

Carson doing his best Dirty Dancing routine

IMG_4754.JPG

IMG_4757.JPG

The picture doesn't capture it but we just had to stop and just look around, a theme of the trip, just mind blowing!

IMG_4764.JPG

IMG_4765.JPG

So that was Saturday done and stayed at my friends house in Fife. Took the train to Edinburgh for a night out and meal - great craic! Next on to Crail!

Raceday!! Was really looking forward to this, car was stripped the night before and all systems go! Had 13 runs in total for £20!! Such a well ran event, so smooth and quick, people were great and competitors all up for a bit of banter.

My S3 didn't perform as well as I had hoped. Kept spinning the wheels at the line (even with pressures altered) and if I had a good start, I would have hesitations or misfires maybe higher up the revs! Strange day but had 2 good runs and recorded a time of 11.38 (slower than previous run) which was quick enough for 4th place behind a GTR (9.6), RS3 Stage 2 (10.6) and R8 V10 (10.8).

IMG_4779.JPG

What a cool place, such a lovely area and perfected by the weather!

IMG_4780.JPG
    IMG_4783.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

Once were done for the day, another driving route was to St Andrews called the East Neuk, just lovely scenery and had a cheeky stop over at Kingsbarn distillery for a gin tour!

IMG_4784.JPG

The onto St Andrews for coffee and a tour around!

IMG_E8123.JPG

Headed back to my mates for dinner, drinks and early night to then hit the road early to spend times in the Cairngorms

Monday, our tour really started. If anyone follows Carfection on youtube, you will know about the two main roads Henry Catchpoole does in Scotland. The return home in the McLaren which we did on Saturday to the grave site through the Trossachs and Dukes Pass, then the Old Military Road through the Cairngorms.

This is my 3rd or 4th time doing this run but it will never become tiresome.

You head to Blairgowrie which is the starting point, head to Spittal of Glenshee then follow the winding road through the vallies and glens, just unreal!

The weather as quite poor which we had expected but it wasn't going to get in our way!

Spittal of Glenshee just before the ski centre

IMG_4806.JPG

As said, I have a family reunion around this time of the year so randomly met up with my parents and puppy at the ski centre for a coffee, nice to see them all!

IMG_4807.JPG

During our coffee, never seen sheet rain like it, came down in waves! Then once we left and came down the other side of the mountain, it was like another world!

IMG_4822.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

IMG_4829.JPG

At this stage I crashed my drone ffs, hit a phone line of all things in such a vast area! After a moment of panic and heading over to find it, i had turned off my remote. Next thing we see this drone fly through the air back towards my car! Couldn't believe it! Turned everything back on and brought it back to me, thankfully just a broke propeller but amazed it was able to fly!

Then progressed through the route as detailed below:

Monday.jpg

At this stage, my parents were in Ballater, so we headed there to get lunch. From there we took the B976 to Tomintoul to rejoin the Old Military Road

Pictured at the top of the Lecht at 2020ft

IMG_4838.JPG

Then on down to Nethy Bridge to drive along the loch towards Aviemore

IMG_4853.JPG

Finished up in Aviemore at a lovely Air B&B and headed into town for plenty of gins and dinner! Love Aviemore, such a nice place!

Anyway, this was our planned route, long way ahead!

Tuesday.jpg

Our plan was to head straight from Aviemore to Inverness, head down Loch Ness to Fort Augustus but my Sat Nav took us a detour at Invermoriston along the A887 and my word, what a surprise!!

IMG_4882.JPG

Our stop off was Portree in Skye to hike up Old Man of Storr - weather was dull and foggy but had to get up to the top to see what this place was like. Oh, my, days!

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4895.JPG

The weather changed in a heart beat, just amazing. So spectacular and could have spent all day there - I have so many photos from my iPhone and Go Pro HB 7 so if anyone wants any, just let me know!

Next stop, Applecross!

The Bealach na Ba, literally, no words!

Single track road, some crazy foreign drivers, perfect weather and just breath taking views!!

IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4931.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4986.JPG

IMG_4987.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

Think that will do for now - once i get more time i will post up about the rest of the trip!

28. X3man

Wow @Boydie, what a fantastic write up, pics and clearly top road trip.

Boydie likes this.
  29. X3man

Wow @Boydie, what a fantastic write up, pics and clearly top road trip.

Boydie likes this.
  30. JohnM100

JohnM100 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Navarra Audi S3 Black Edition

Nice write up and great narrative with superb pics

Been a while since I was up that way be remember Blairgowrie to Dunkeld ?A923 maybe - ace road.

Boydie likes this.
  31. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Team Panther S-line owners group Team Silver Audi RS4 saloon Audi S4 quattro Audi A4 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group Manual

Mega mate.

Boydie and X3man like this.
  32. TomBlueS3

TomBlueS3 Active Member S3 Saloon TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Team Sepang S tronic Audi S3 MQB Platform DSG

I’ve literally just read through this entire thread tonight (it took some time) but it was well worth it :) - fantastic car and great posts.

Since going Stage 1 up to the current day, how many miles have you covered? Have you ran into any faults?

I know Revo are a incredible company and put reliability up there with performance etc. I’d love to be running circa 500bhp in my S3 however as it’s my daily I’d be constantly worried about something going horrifically wrong.

Cheers :)

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Boydie

I bought the car with 12k on the clocks and it now has 37k - i have had pretty much a fault free 25k's worth of driving

The steering rack was replaced under warranty before I tuned it and that is all I have had to replace. I drive it to work every day and I do not worry about it at all.

X3man, SPIKE_S3 and MikeParkin like this.
  35. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 S tronic Audi S5

36. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Vorsprung durch Technik Team Daytona Team Ara Blue

Love your S3, and follow your updates on RMS as well. Really is a stunning car that has gave me many OEM upgrade thoughts! :icon thumright:

37. Chris4410

Chris4410 Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team Nardo saloon Audi S3 quattro Audi A5 Black Edition Audi TT Golf GTI

Simply awesome, been on a few of those roads myself and this made we want to head back even more than ever.

Boydie likes this.