2014 Glacier White Revo S3

Yeah simply replace them - I wrapped electrical tape round a screw driver and put a micro fibre cloth against the brake caliper and just pried it off at either end

They are £30.71 each with a bit of discount (maybe 3-5%)

Reactions: allanmb and Rob2k68
Yeah simply replace them - I wrapped electrical tape round a screw driver and put a micro fibre cloth against the brake caliper and just pried it off at either end

It's like a licence to print money isn't it! Hasn't even got an S3 logo on for that money!

Reactions: TYb and Rob2k68

Thanks for the info, shocking how much Audi charge to have them red from factory.

Reactions: Tom.H
Just home from getting the car lowered, caliper plates on and splitter - very happy with the end results!

IMG 4574
IMG 4575
IMG 4576
IMG 4577
IMG 4578

Reactions: Tej13, PanamaS3, S3tuart and 7 others
Hubs badly need painted so if I get a chance this weekend I'll do that along with the extra air box mod. Potentially getting remap this week but will see how the funds are!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Looking great! Lowered slightly and OEM 19" alloys suits it perfectly. Be interested to hear your thoughts on the ride quality with the new springs.

Reactions: Boydie
Reactions: Boydie and Rob2k68
This is the insulating sleeve I’m describing on the Eibach’s .....

IMG 4148

Nice! Do you have a part number?

Nice! Do you have a part number?

I will look it out but I used a chassis number off a FL S3 in the showroom to obtain the part

Looks great... may I ask what the garage charged to fit lowering springs etc? How many hours labour ? ( presume about 2?) And was this a service centre or tyre place etc?

Thx

I got charged £80 by my mechanic - sort of mates rates/homer. He uses his dads garage to carry out work after his day job (as a mechanic) - has worked on my 4/5 cars. Not sure on the time, just a flat rate. Think I was there guts of 3 hours with mixture of banter and work lol

Reactions: jungle650 and Rob2k68
Brilliant job on your car so far @Boydie. Keep it up!!

Reactions: Revo Steve-W, Boydie and Rob2k68
Thanks guys - extremely happy with the cars progression over the last week or so. It doesn't stop here.

Picking up an OEM intake panel to modify - I planned to remove the one in my car but for the sake of £25, thought it would be best to do that off the car in case the idea does not work or I mess up!

audi-s3-2.0-litre-engine.jpg

The idea behind it will be similar to the Revo intake panel like below but maintain that OEM look:

rvorv581m200100rv581m2002003q.jpg

1931_mqb-carbon-intake_xl-jpg.89143

Or the Racing line one:

s472674323581806812_p360_i6_w2560.jpeg

I will update you with my progress over the weekend

I also picked up an APR catch can. Lately been reading a lot of threads about this and I had one in my 8P S3 which worked very well. With my maintenance engineering head being on, I think this is a good step to help prevent any future problems:

723866_x800.jpg

What power are you looking at from the APR install?

You drove past me yesterday whilst driving towards the Odyssey. The car looks great with the new stance and 19" fitted!

@SPIKE_S1 you in a S1? Don't think I noticed and usually spot them a mile off lol

There are no power gains at all from the APR catch can, purely maintenance:

"During an engine's combustion process extreme cylinder pressure is created. Some of this pressure ultimately becomes “blow by” gasses when it escapes the seal of the piston rings. As a result, crankcase pressure is generated and to prevent damage this pressure must be vented. Thanks to boost pressure, turbocharged engines produce more cylinder pressure than naturally aspirated engines. In turn, the requirement to effectively manage crankcase pressure is increased. More so, an increase in horsepower over stock comes through an increase in cylinder pressure, exacerbating the issue even further.

The factory system alleviates the pressure through a positive crankcase ventilation system, or PCV. Under light engine load, the PCV uses vacuum to help draw the gasses out of the crankcase and utilizes a cyclonic separator to draw the oil out of the gas. During heavy engine load, when boost pressure is present, that portion of the PCV is blocked off via a check valve and the gasses are sent directly to the inlet of the turbocharger. During this stage, little separation occurs and significant oil vapor is allowed to enter the intake tract which can cause the following:

• Reduction in performance caused by a decrease in octane from oil vapors mixing with air/fuel mixture.
  • Reduction in performance caused by a decrease in airflow from excessive carbon buildup on intake valves.
  • Pooling of oil in the turbo, intercooler, intake tract hoses and manifold"
catch_can_mqb_diagram.jpg

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/catch_can_mqb_ea888.html

Reactions: SPIKE_
Sounds interesting!

I was in my daily....A3 saloon which could be getting changed soon if I can get a deal agreed on a new A4 BE. We're very close to agreeing the monthlies so I would suggest it's only a matter of time! My other half drives the S1 during the week.

Last edited:
Stage 1 complete, rough cut with a drill but doesn't have to be pretty but I'll use a file and some wet/dry paper for a final touch!

Hopefully finish and fit tomorrow

IMG 4622

So finished it off today, filing it smooth and tidying up any loose or tatty edges:

IMG 4639

IMG 4640

IMG 4641

Placed on top of the original air duct to show both scoops:

IMG 4642

Literally a 5 minute install:

IMG 4643

Put the cover back on and it's like no one was near it! OEM+ FTW!

Initial impression is more induction noise. Next plan is to remove the label just behind the Audi rings which blocks quite a lot of the air flow so will save that for another time.

Had a fantastic drive over the hills from Antrim to Belfast, car performs brilliantly!

Reactions: Tom.H and Benji34
Castlewellan GTI show is an annual event ran by GTINI here in Northern Ireland - as far as I know, since I have been in the car scene (14 years) this show has been going on. Sad to say I have not been attending this last number of years for what ever reasons but thought since I have the S3 sitting the way I wanted it would be rude not too.

Anyway, I arrived super late lol work, training, car wash, traffic etc... arrived at 15.50 while the prizes were being dished out but still manged to get some attention and photos:

IMG 4756
IMG 4754
IMG 4755
IMG 4757

Reactions: PanamaS3, Benji34, AL_B and 1 other person
Messed around with my GoPro yesterday and wanted to test launch control, scared myself lol unfortunately doesn't look as quick as it felt in the video :(

Reactions: Benji34 and Rob2k68
Just taken delivery on a Milltek cast down pipe to run along with the OEM exhaust. This has come about a lot sooner than planned but a friend in his Golf R was ordering and thought why not and save on some postage!

I am away on holiday next week so hopefully get it installed when I get back along with DSG and Revo Stage 2 software :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Benji34 and FBF01
Castlewellan GTI show is an annual event ran by GTINI here in Northern Ireland - as far as I know, since I have been in the car scene (14 years) this show has been going on. Sad to say I have not been attending this last number of years for what ever reasons but thought since I have the S3 sitting the way I wanted it would be rude not too.

Anyway, I arrived super late lol work, training, car wash, traffic etc... arrived at 15.50 while the prizes were being dished out but still manged to get some attention and photos:

View attachment 129080 View attachment 129081 View attachment 129082 View attachment 129083

3 door looks soooooooooooo good on those wheels and lowered. Gorgeous car.

Reactions: SeoTFSI and Boydie
Boydie I'm thinking of going for the muffler delete and just wondered if you've any feedback to give on it? Cheers.

Just taken delivery on a Milltek cast down pipe to run along with the OEM exhaust. This has come about a lot sooner than planned but a friend in his Golf R was ordering and thought why not and save on some postage!

I am away on holiday next week so hopefully get it installed when I get back along with DSG and Revo Stage 2 software :)

Awesome progress mate car is looking amazing !!

Which intercooler are you going for at stage 2 ?

Boydie I'm thinking of going for the muffler delete and just wondered if you've any feedback to give on it? Cheers.

Benji - to be honest, I do not notice any major changes at all but I still think it is a beneficial mod. I didn't go for the APR one but I like that they explain the engineering behind it all so have a read at their report:

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/turbo_muffler_delete_ea888_g3_ihi.html

Awesome progress mate car is looking amazing !!

Which intercooler are you going for at stage 2 ?

Forge I think we are going for - my friend has a Golf R and we are carrying out the same mods

Benji - to be honest, I do not notice any major changes at all but I still think it is a beneficial mod. I didn't go for the APR one but I like that they explain the engineering behind it all so have a read at their report:

Cheers bud I'll have a read of this. Absolutely love the look and stance of your car, it looks the dogs balls.

Just another update:

So the APR catch can which they assured me would fit with the OEM airbox, doesn't lol I tried to fabricate my own bracket and create space for it but unfortunately won't happen. After a few emails and phone calls, I am going to get an APR intake to accommodate the catch can as I believe this is the best can on the market. Once I hear back from APR USA regarding a new bracket (which I had to butcher), I will get it ordered up.

My supplier contacted me as he was inquiring about the Forge FMIC, he got a lead time of 3-4 weeks which coincides greatly with my return from holiday so he ordered me up one this morning.

Once I am back, I will get the Milltek DP and Forge FMIC fitted ready for Revo Stage 2 and DSG map :)

car looks fantastic @Boydie and testament to your hard work and skills
I hear the APR FMIC is much easier to install than the Forge if you are already going down the route of some APR bits might be worth it...but either way its all good and what you get will compliment Stage 2 well....great write up

Bit of a written update - not photos yet but they will soon follow

Stage 1 complete on the car and have been loving it. A good friend of mine has a manual Golf R Stage 1 which now needs a clutch so he is using that excuse to order up a downpipe and FMIC since the car will be apart. He asked if I wanted in and thought why not lol something I will probably do in the future so why not save a few quid on discount!

So in the garage I have:

Milltek cast downpipe
Forge FMIC

I also ordered the APR catch can which I think I mentioned above. I was told by APR at the time this would work with the OEM intake but unfortunately doesn't. I am therefore getting an APR intake to complete the Stage 2 process

Looking forward to the next few weeks in the hope of getting everything installed in time for Stage 2 map and DSG map. Watch this space!!

Reactions: PanamaS3 and SPIKE_
Bit of a written update - not photos yet but they will soon follow

Stage 1 complete on the car and have been loving it. A good friend of mine has a manual Golf R Stage 1 which now needs a clutch so he is using that excuse to order up a downpipe and FMIC since the car will be apart. He asked if I wanted in and thought why not lol something I will probably do in the future so why not save a few quid on discount!

So in the garage I have:

Milltek cast downpipe
Forge FMIC

I also ordered the APR catch can which I think I mentioned above. I was told by APR at the time this would work with the OEM intake but unfortunately doesn't. I am therefore getting an APR intake to complete the Stage 2 process

Looking forward to the next few weeks in the hope of getting everything installed in time for Stage 2 map and DSG map. Watch this space!!
Sounds like the plans are coming together nicely! I see you obviously like the Revo product on your cars....you've brought enough of it!