2014 Audi S3 8V strange noise after turning car off

JW123321

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m not sure if this is normal but I can’t remember hearing it before but when I got home the other day I parked up and turned the car off and as I walked away I could hear this noise coming from the front of the car. It only happens for about 20-30 seconds and then stops. Anyone else had this or is this just one of the noises cars make as things switch off?

Couldn’t upload the video on here but the link below will take you to it.

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is normal but I can’t remember hearing it before but when I got home the other day I parked up and turned the car off and as I walked away I could hear this noise coming from the front of the car. It only happens for about 20-30 seconds and then stops. Anyone else had this or is this just one of the noises cars make as things switch off?

Couldn’t upload the video on here but the link below will take you to it.

Stepper motors adjusting. All perfectly normal.

All EA888 Gen3 engines do it, and some others.

Reactions: Leevr
To quote ‘the master of the 8V’ sadly no longer on the forum as he moved to a different brand.

[..snip...]

Re beeping - combination of things, N80, N112, N249 (or equivalent) all doing a release & full end stop travel calibration.

I get these noises when I turn the car ignition on without turning further for the starter motor to kick in not when turning off. Also get it when I unlock car and open a door. Only noticed this when checking oil or filling screenwash.
Now and again I get the fan kicking in when I switch off but not these motors.
Anyone know why it does it when you switch off not just when you turn on? Just curious.
In my head it makes more sense to calibrate when you turn on and not off.