1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues - 21/07/18

Please accept our apologies for difficulties you may be experiencing using the site this afternoon.
    We are aware of a technical issue and are working to resolve it. There may be more brief outages this afternoon. We will aim to keep disruption to a minimum, but unfortunately some is inevitable in order to resolve the issue with minimum delay.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Audi A3 Limousine 2.0 TDI - Equipment question

FliP0x Jul 13, 2018

1. FliP0x

FliP0x New Member

Hello,

I've been a previous owner of a Audi A4 B5 which I unfortunately wrecked a few years ago.

The experience was great however, so I decided to get a Audi again. I like the limo look and am not into short compact cars (there are exceptions though), that's why I decided that my new car is going to be a 2014 Audi A3 Limo.

I found a decently priced listing at a car dealership, but the customer support could not help me out too much regarding the equipment.

This is why I am asking here, whether a SD card slot is considered basic or additional equipment? The customer support of the dealership could only say "it should have a SD card slot". As I know that USB ports are optional, it is important to me that there is a way for me to input my multimedia, as I do not want to stream through bluetooth or use AUX.

I've seen plenty of different variations of the media center that is located in the glove compartment. Some have 2 sd slots, a sim card slot and a dvd drive. some do not have a sim slot, some don't have sd card slots, some just have a basic CD drive etc.

I understand the sim card slot is optional with the audi connect upgrade, which I don't need. If software updates for additional features are possible, I wouldn't need a dedicated sim slot as I could tether from my phone if I wanted to use google maps, stream radio etc.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red saloon Audi A3

Assume you are not in UK, so any responses could be inaccurate.
    However, I have a (UK) 2014 saloon, and it has two sd card slots. If the car had sat nav, then one of those slots is needed for that. If not, then both slots can be used for music files. I have both in use for music.
    Is it not possible for you to just go and look. Presumably you will not purchase the car without viewing it.

FliP0x likes this.
  4. josul

josul Active Member Team Daytona Audi S3 S tronic Sportback

Or simply ask the dealer to get up from their desk and take a look!?

5. FliP0x

FliP0x New Member

I will obviously have a look before I purchase the car. I am looking at their online offers and the car is currently approx. 700km from where I live.

They can move it closer to about 100km to a city near me, but that would cost me extra for the transfer. Before I go as far to take a look at the car, I just want to be sure that the basic model has the equipment I need.

@RichardT
    I am not from the UK, but the cars we get from the dealership are apparently imported from Germany. I see in your signature that you have a S-Tronic version, which probably has more equipment. The one I am looking at does not have multimedia controls on the steering wheel, so it surely doesnt come with MMI.

6. RichardT

S-tronic is irrelevant. If there are no controls on the steering wheel, then it must be a completley different spec to those we get.
    All our A3’s have steering wheel controls (even basic spec I think)

FliP0x and Kondax like this.
  7. FliP0x

FliP0x New Member

I see, I thought the additional titles are correspondent to the additional equipment packages.

There might be a difference in models then.

The list of equipment states that it does have a CD drive, which obviously is not on the dashboard but in the glove department. As there is no picture of the inside glove department which normally wouldn't make sense except this case about the audi media center, the question is if the CD drive comes at least with one SD slot or if there are versions which only include the drive and no additional ports.

8. RichardT

Doubt if UK members would be able to answer this.