2014 a6 allroad

bizza25

Reaction score
hi folks,
thinking of upgrading to a high mileage 2014 bitdi model.

covered 90k in 3.5 years.
longlife serviced every 20k until 80k - checked out with audi - so i'll do a service if purchasing.
tiptronic gearbox not serviced so far

any apparent issues to look out for?

i have heard some reports of timing chain or cam probs on missed service engines.
but motorway miles should help here hopefully. still not a fan of longlife at all.

i would be wanting to get the tiptronic serviced asap too - if buying - for peace of mind.
i believe this is the 8 speed ZF box that audi say 'filled for life' but I honestly cannot believe that over time the oil will not be like glue! I wan the tiptronic to last the life of the car not the oil.

Having a look next week - any thoughts welcome - suspension, sunroof leaks etc!

cheers

If the gearbox misses the 80k service then ZF say to leave it sealed for life as they have serviced them and caused more issues than not changing the oil

My 2012 has done 74k, motorway miles. Fully serviced and no issues what so ever. 10k miles or yearly basis. I like to keep on top of it.

Every time I've been to Audi with servicing they ask whats the gearbox like when driving. They pretty much say if its not broken then don't touch it. (oil change)
Not heard of any engine issues with my engine, BiTDI

cheers good to know.
I decided to buy one ... I contacted ZF and they sent me a pdf that says amongst other things:

'To meet these challenges partially synthetic oils have been developed for ZF 5, 6 and 8 speed transmissions which are maintenance free under normal operating conditions. However, as some degradation of the oil inevitably occurs over time and usage, ZF recommends oil and filter changes after 50,000 to 75,000 miles to ensure optimum performance.'

I'll still get the gear oil changed for peace of mind - being a high miler its probably been booted a right bit so it's outside ZFs 'normal operation conditions' thus prob best to change it. I do less than 10k a year so will hopefully keep it right until I get the urge to upgrade again.