2013 S4 Avant mpg

kev-s

Reaction score
Hi

Looking to get rid of my 2006 A4 Avant 2.0T special edition (216bhp)

Looking to replace it with a 2013 S4 Avant and was wondering what sort of mpg people are getting?

I do a mix of motorway and town driving, mainly in low traffic volumes (very early morning and very early afternoon) and average around 30mpg in the 2.0T

Comparing the 2006 2.0T and the 2013 S4's manufacture's quoted mpg figures and they are very similar but wonder if this is a true comparison with normal driving

I made a very similar switch last year.
Went from a 2006 A4 special edition Quattro manual petrol to a 2015 S4 (both saloons).

From my experience over the last 10 months of ownership of the S4, the S4 is more thirsty in town (this could be down to my heavy right foot :)) but I'd say they are about even on motorway journeys

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Hi

Looking to get rid of my 2006 A4 Avant 2.0T special edition (216bhp)

Looking to replace it with a 2013 S4 Avant and was wondering what sort of mpg people are getting?

I do a mix of motorway and town driving, mainly in low traffic volumes (very early morning and very early afternoon) and average around 30mpg in the 2.0T

Comparing the 2006 2.0T and the 2013 S4's manufacture's quoted mpg figures and they are very similar but wonder if this is a true comparison with normal driving

Discussed at length in the below threads with a lot of 'sample data's

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...age-mpg-figures-according-to-your-dis.242304/

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s4-fuel-consumption.311177/

Reactions: scotty76
You S4 owners and your obsession with fuel economy. Get an S5 and leave those worries behind!

Reactions: RS5 JON, jdp1962, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and 1 other person
Cheers guys

After reading through the threads 30mpg seems achievable if taking it easy, can get 36mpg out of the 2.0T so only 6mpg difference which isn't too bad considering the S4 has an extra 117bhp and i only do 7000 miles a year

Cheers guys

After reading through the threads 30mpg seems achievable if taking it easy, can get 36mpg out of the 2.0T so only 6mpg difference which isn't too bad considering the S4 has an extra 117bhp and i only do 7000 miles a year

I'll aim for 20mpg and would consider anything above that as a bonus

@kev-s I came from a remapped B7 2.0T and never found the S4 a massive shock on fuel. It's been a worthwhile upgrade. :)

Reactions: V6_Man
Also my remapped B7 needed super unleaded. The S4 does not as it's standard. I tried the S4 on super for a few tanks and it made no difference to power or mpg on the standard car.

Reactions: V6_Man
excellent news! still a little torn between an s4 Avant or an S3 Sportback but kinda swinging towards the S4 Avant

I got the contact lenses instead :)

Reactions: V6_Man and jdp1962
S4 for supercharged fun. @Bristle Hound I believe you had the S3 vs S4 dilemma. Care to offer a few words?
@scotty76 -I you answered your own answer or is that question lol

The main reason I went for the S4 over S3 was it was a real itch I had to scratch having always wanted a S4 for years & years
However the price, new was a little incentive too TBH as my preferred spec on my new S4 was actually cheaper than my preferred spec on a new S3 saloon. Madness !
At selling time I also got more for the S4 than I would have done for the S3 saloon

Reactions: scotty76