2013 Audi S3

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383408122887245

Reactions: Lmg, Toadoftoadhall and Itguy
I agree with everything that Johnnyb said. The 8v s3 is a massive step forward from the 8p

Picked up mine this morning and can't stop smiling.

IMAG0690_zps4e25551a.jpg

Reactions: Lmg, NotquiteWelsh, Battlekrapz and 4 others
Agreed and put the spec on the S3 Register Gareth... Phantom???

He's gone panther black which is why me and lecht are demanding pictures!

The poor bloke is off to watch rugby now. I'd have cancelled the game and just gone for a drive around!

Reactions: garethld, the_lecht_rocks and Kempysue
I agree with everything that Johnnyb said. The 8v s3 is a massive step forward from the 8p

Picked up mine this morning and can't stop smiling.

IMAG0690_zps4e25551a.jpg

Looks stunning mate!!

i'm finally gonna get round to washing mine tomorrow and will upload some pics..

ENJOY!

60 to 100 acceleration (mph)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lmg
Are the above wheels the standard S3 wheels? most of the demo cars on the Audi website have the other wheels on?

Yes these are the standard S3 alloys. A lot of the demo cars have the optional, but still free, S Line alloys fitted.

Does anybody know whether the S3 has a cam belt or whether it's a chain? If it's a belt, any idea on service interval? For that matter, does anyone have the service schedule? i.e. what items are extra on top of a minor/major service

Does anybody know whether the S3 has a cam belt or whether it's a chain? If it's a belt, any idea on service interval? For that matter, does anyone have the service schedule? i.e. what items are extra on top of a minor/major service

The EA888 engine in the new S3 uses a chain, different from the old engine (EA113) which used a belt.

Long time lurker, first post. Just ordered my S3 SB this morning, went with config code ACKFZ43F in the end. I love my toys so the spec includes: DSG box, Estoril Blue, Advanced Key, sunroof tech pack+, drivers assistance pack, interior lights, B&O, folding heated dimming mirrors, reversing camera, tyre pressure monitoring, through load system. With a 5 yr warranty we're looking at a £40k motor, the first time I've ordered a car new. One thing I'm struggling with though is the choice of interior. My last car was an A5 with black nappa leather and ally inlays. This time I've flipped it round and gone with lunar silver and black inlays. Has anyone laid eyes on this combination in the flesh?

Long time lurker, first post. Just ordered my S3 SB this morning, went with config code ACKFZ43F in the end. I love my toys so the spec includes: DSG box, Estoril Blue, Advanced Key, sunroof tech pack+, drivers assistance pack, interior lights, B&O, folding heated dimming mirrors, reversing camera, tyre pressure monitoring, through load system. With a 5 yr warranty we're looking at a £40k motor, the first time I've ordered a car new. One thing I'm struggling with though is the choice of interior. My last car was an A5 with black nappa leather and ally inlays. This time I've flipped it round and gone with lunar silver and black inlays. Has anyone laid eyes on this combination in the flesh?

i think the lunar leather would look fantastic against estoril, but for me, it was just a touch too bling......

Congrats mate. Now the wait...

I've ordered lunar silver with the black inlays also. My car goes into production this week so I'll get some pictures up as soon as I pick her up.

These are the black inlays

This is lunar silver (alcantara)

Lunar silver with Estoril (not that you can see much of the interior but it's the best pic I have)

Reactions: Lmg and the_lecht_rocks
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies, those pics do look nice, did you spec the Nappa or Alcantara? I'm sticking with Nappa because I imagine that it's easier to clean (Kids!). I'm sure that I also read somewhere that the Alcantara picks up the dye from jeans etc. Not sure if either of those preconceptions are true so would be interested to hear of other folks experiences.

Got out to wait until Monday for a firm build week, but you're right about the wait Paul. It's killing me already!

Last edited:
i think the lunar leather would look fantastic against estoril, but for me, it was just a touch too bling......

I understand, normally my tastes are a little more discrete too. However before I bought the A5 I took an S5 out for a test drive which had a cream leather interior. If someone had described it to me I would have probably thought that it sounded a bit chavvy, so I was surprised by how much I liked it in reality. I then bought a black A5 3.0 TDi with a black leather interior and drove it for two years. Loved the car but found the interior a little boring after a while.

So now here I am, at the age of 43 buying my first hot hatchback with an exhaust that farts in between gear changes. Clearly I am in the midst of a mid-life crisis so I figure that I can afford to let my sense of good taste take a back seat for a while. ;)

Reactions: T-800 and the_lecht_rocks
Speaking of the exhaust farts...

I had the S-Tronic in manual mode earlier and upshifted into 3rd past a group of people who all jumped and looked around...

Felt better than an actual fart...

Reactions: Lmg, Battlekrapz, the_lecht_rocks and 1 other person
Speaking of the exhaust farts...

I had the S-Tronic in manual mode earlier and upshifted into 3rd past a group of people who all jumped and looked around...

Felt better than an actual fart...

We could make this into a game?

We've moved on from splashing people by driving through puddles to making them jump at the sound of our farts.

Reactions: Splathead and Johnnyb
I understand, normally my tastes are a little more discrete too. However before I bought the A5 I took an S5 out for a test drive which had a cream leather interior. If someone had described it to me I would have probably thought that it sounded a bit chavvy, so I was surprised by how much I liked it in reality. I then bought a black A5 3.0 TDi with a black leather interior and drove it for two years. Loved the car but found the interior a little boring after a while.

So now here I am, at the age of 43 buying my first hot hatchback with an exhaust that farts in between gear changes. Clearly I am in the midst of a mid-life crisis so I figure that I can afford to let my sense of good taste take a back seat for a while. ;)

I had a mid life crisis when i was 40. I bought a 22 year old Mini and took it to the Nurburgring with a convoy of 50 other Minis.

I'd prefer the mid life crisis of driving a sporty car around a circuit any day rather than hanging around with older men on motorbikes,drinking orange juice in country pubs whilst wearing leather :racer:

Reactions: Johnnyb, Daveotto, Battlekrapz and 1 other person

don't worry ill be 46 when I pick mine up. Im beginning to think but what the hell you only live once and why should I buy a dull car like a family car or mpv (well ok I have a merc a class and ford fiesta)?

Thing is its quite a pussy cat when driving normally. a lot of hot hatches aren't like that. I should ive had a few - xr2 (oh dear, but only for a week as it was s**t), golf gti mk2, Peugeot 205 1.9gti, Peugeot 307xsi (well, lardy luke warm hatch is more appropriate). I was about to look at sensible cars, but gave up. you cant get a square in a round hole so im going with another hot hatch, sorry audi sportback

i'm 34 so (and has been my motto for the last 10 years), I'm having the cars I fancy now so that when I'm older and have a midlife crisis I can say that I am reliving my youth!

I too have always been a sucker for something with a bit of poke. Not going to list my car history as I don't want to start a pi**ing contest but the S3 will be a return to form for me, lets say that.

My car is in transit at the moment.
Just paid a deposit on its stable mate too.

I have noticed that there are a lot of you that have picked up your S3's, we need a meeting where we can all get together.

Just taken loads of lovely pics of the panther and lost my house key in the process. I love this car. Will post up this evening with full spec

Reactions: Battlekrapz, Lmg, the_lecht_rocks and 1 other person