2013 Audi S3

Not sure on 3yr, but my 4yr PCP with £2K deposit, on a £35Kish car, is going to be about £555 per month

I bet you can get it lower than that... my £32.5k car with a 3k depsoit for 4 years PCP is about 425 a month after discounts, lower APR etc

4 years is a long time, I usually keep my cars for 2 years max, but I guess if I'm ordering a new S3 I'll keep it a while. I'll have to see what sort of money my current S3 is worth in part ex.
I'm torn as I want to test drive the new A45 AMG, although it's a lot more expensive.

I heard from one of the dealers I had been speaking too previously, after I asked about the full LED headlights option. Apparently Audi UK have said it could be about 6 months before they are available as an option. Oh well March/April 2014 it is then!

The Estoril Blue S3 show car has arrived at Ipswich Audi if anyone is in the area.
I'm going to have a look over the weekend. I'm especially interested in sitting in the Super Sports Seats and seeing the colour.

Take some pics for me please. It's what I've ordered but still haven't seen it, even in pics!

There are a few Estoril pics buried in this thread somewhere, but also I've been (very sadly) collecting s3 pics on my SkyDrive.

There are about 10 towards the end of here http://sdrv.ms/12qXsj4

David

I heard from one of the dealers I had been speaking too previously, after I asked about the full LED headlights option. Apparently Audi UK have said it could be about 6 months before they are available as an option. Oh well March/April 2014 it is then!

As much as I really like the led lights if I were told that mate I would press on with the standard xenon's and pocket the saving.
What if they take longer or are not released at all for any reason.
Maybe worth considering coming to terms with no led lights ... IMO !

Been talking to Grimsby Audi today as they supplied me with my current S3. They've knocked me 5% off on a new S3 without really trying. I put it to them that orangewheels.com have quoted me 8% discount, (£2750) on the same spec car but he says there's no way any main dealer will honour that as they haven't got 8% margins on a brand new model. Is this true do we think?!

Well splathead managed a 7% discount, so it's clearly possible to get close to the 8%. Your dealer may technically be right though. My understanding (which I admit is based purely on reading forums) is that dealers will have a price they buy the car at (which I'm guessing is the price your dealer is referring to), but, if they meet sales figures for a quarter, they'll get a better discount rate next quarter. This is why it can be better to try to buy at the end of a quarter, as if a dealer is close to hitting the next discount bracket, they may do a very good deal (maybe even at a loss), knowing that it'll secure them a bigger discount on cars bought next quarter. This might also explain why some dealers seem to be much more flexible on price, based on their discount rate as a result of sales figures last quarter.

As I say, that's my understanding from piecing together various bits of information, so may not be entirely correct

Yes, and Nottingham Audi matched the 7% I put to them with little fuss too, and knocked a little more off the resulting monthly price.

Well seriously considering ordering an S3, does anyone know if the standard and super sports seats are heated? Do we think the super sports seats are worth the money? My current S3 has RS4 buckets which are awesome but they're a nightmare to access the back, I've got a baby on the way so could do without hassle getting in and out the back!
I'm a bit disappointed with the wheel options, think it would have to be 10 spoke titanium finished.

I took my 3 month old daughter on a test drive in a 3dr A3 8V with the SE seats. The rear access was terrible, worse than my current car which is a tiny 3dr.

I'd go for the Sportback. Then you can have any seats you want in the front.

Looking at the brochure, the standard S3 seats are heated. I assume the Super Sports seats on the S3 are also heated, but that is less clear.

I had a sit in an S3 with Super Sports Seats yesterday. All I can say is that they were very comfortable and looked great. Pictures and a bit of video to follow when I get a decent internet connection.

White S3.

S3 8v white 01S3 8v white 02S3 8v white 03S3 8v white 04S3 8v white 05S3 8v white 06S3 8v white 07

I had a sit in an S3 with Super Sports Seats yesterday. All I can say is that they were very comfortable and looked great. Pictures and a bit of video to follow when I get a decent internet connection.

I'd be very interested in any pics / videos of the SS Seats. Like others I'm also assuming these are heated?

Regarding the Elec Mirrors - does anyone know if they fold upon locking the car? Or is this controlled via a button prior to exiting the car?

Also I know Elec Lumbar is an option; but I am assuming manual Lumbar adjustment is standard?

Heated seats are extra cost on all seat types.

My Dealer advising ALL 'S' cars have been delayed by 3 months !!!!

They claim its an Audi thing across the board on all S models.

No other explanation given other than there may be a parts shortage ?

So Aug deliveries = Oct, Sept deliveries = Nov and so on.

That is so strange, I literally spoke to my dealer yesterday and it is still scheduled to be built in 2 weeks time and delivered early August.

I don't understand the conflicting info coming from different places

Am I the only one that things the 8P looks better than the 8V? The rear end just doesn't look right, and tbh the front end looks unaggressive.

My Dealer advising ALL 'S' cars have been delayed by 3 months !!!!

They claim its an Audi thing across the board on all S models.

No other explanation given other than there may be a parts shortage ?

So Aug deliveries = Oct, Sept deliveries = Nov and so on.

When you say all S models are you just talking S3 variants or all... Eg SQ5?

Hi splathead, nice thank you!

was it a manual or an auto? And did you hear a nice sound from tickover or is it pretty silent?

The car was an S-Tronic with, as far as I could tell, all of the toys.

If you listen carefully to the video, you might be able to hear quite a pronounced noise - it certainly wasn't silent.

dealer told me ALL s models so s3 s4 s5 etc !

very sceptical if this statement !

Yeah, I'd be surprised by that - I can't think what components would be common between those models, which means the only reason I can think of would be a deliberate decision by Audi - which seems unlikely. Just throwing it out there, but I wonder if each dealer has an S allocation, and he's used up his allocation?

dealer told me ALL s models so s3 s4 s5 etc !

very sceptical if this statement !
I wonder if this is why my dealer said there would be no S3 deliveries before November when I placed my order last week?

I wonder if this is why my dealer said there would be no S3 deliveries before November when I placed my order last week?

I'd forgotten about that! Interesting... maybe there is something in it then!

Damn annoying though to be told my delivery was 1st sept is now gonna be 3 months later !

Audi mess up or Dealer ..... Up ????

Damn annoying though to be told my delivery was 1st sept is now gonna be 3 months later !

Audi mess up or Dealer ..... Up ????

I'm still being told early August which totally contradicts everything I've read elsewhere. I don't know what to believe.

Surely if my build week is next two weeks that I would now of a change?

Snake, had you been given a build week?

Build week advised today and that's when "delay" dialogue was triggered !

so wondering if dealer made some assumptions on my delivery at order stage several weeks ago.

Now build date confirmed end October !

I guess I'll just have to wait and see when my build week starts and see what happens.

I hate moving goal posts :(