2013 Audi S3

On a trip to Worcester I popped into the dealers there (Listers) and struck lucky as they had a SQ5 in the showroom in Estoril blue. First time I have seen Estoril blue in the flesh. I wasnt disappointed, it really very nice indeed. I could see the depth of the crystal effect. Glad I have seen it for myself.

I asked about the latest news on the S3 and all I got was the (now familiar) reply that it will be sometime in June.

Was speaking to a dealer on Friday about the S3 & Q3RS (Which I must say I'm quite keen on)

S3 price release is scheduled for June.

On a trip to Worcester I popped into the dealers there (Listers) and struck lucky as they had a SQ5 in the showroom in Estoril blue. First time I have seen Estoril blue in the flesh. I wasnt disappointed, it really very nice indeed. I could see the depth of the crystal effect. Glad I have seen it for myself.

I asked about the latest news on the S3 and all I got was the (now familiar) reply that it will be sometime in June.

Nice one mate good to get some first hand feedback on estoril.

i have viewed a few more vids on you tube ... a number of S5's in estoril and it does look great.

Defo the colour I would opt for now without doubt.

Nice one mate good to get some first hand feedback on estoril.

i have viewed a few more vids on you tube ... a number of S5's in estoril and it does look great.

Defo the colour I would opt for now without doubt.

Yes def Estoril Blue for me too Snake - even if when its delivered in the dreary December weather the colour may not have the "zing" thats its capable of !!

Yeah bad time of year to take delivery, more so with the winters we now appear to have of late.

i guess sooner that though than wait till March 14.

That is officially annoying!

From what I've heard, it's something to do with pricing..... Maybe their euro to sterling converter has broken :/

****** hell ..... 45,000 euros though !!!!!

In £'s that's somewhere between £38k and £40k after exchange rate conversion.

GULP !

Newbie joining to forum.

I placed the order of S3 s-tronic Sb last month, seller told me it'll be at production line between weeks 38 and 42.

Price for sportback with s-tronic was here in Finland aprox. 47 450£, for car only.

Christ, if it's that much i'll get an M135i !

Actually I almost ordered 1.8TFSI S-tronic sportback.. With same accessory price was somewhere around 43 000£.
M135 with x-drive is 1500£ more than S3 (thanks our genious tax-system). Evo X 4000£ more expensive, so new S3 is best deal what we got here.

Actually I almost ordered 1.8TFSI S-tronic sportback.. With same accessory price was somewhere around 43 000£.
M135 with x-drive is 1500£ more than S3 (thanks our genious tax-system). Evo X 4000£ more expensive, so new S3 is best deal what we got here.
That's more encouraging (for me at least). Hopefully the S3 is starting just a touch over £30k.

Guys..... Do we have a definitive price for the s3 yet?

All B.S aside Iam seriously considering getting one cost dependant.... Anything around £30k I could live with but much more I'd rather have a 57 plate r8 or 08 plate rs6 for few quid extra.

I've rang the dealer and a few brokers and they all say t.b.c !

Sean

Guys..... Do we have a definitive price for the s3 yet?

Well when the first driving reviews came out a few weeks back they all had the same consistent pricing - the posts further back in this thread have links to virtually all those early driven reviews. I checked with AutoExpress test editor and he confirmed prices were officially supplied to them by Audi so they ought to be reliable ?? From memory the Sportback S3 was about £31K for the manual.

Added link New Audi S3 2013 review | Auto Express

Well when the first driving reviews came out a few weeks back they all had the same consistent pricing - the posts further back in this thread have links to virtually all those early driven reviews. I checked with AutoExpress test editor and he confirmed prices were officially supplied to them by Audi so they ought to be reliable ?? From memory the Sportback S3 was about £31K for the manual.

Added link New Audi S3 2013 review | Auto Express
I'm sure Auto Express have changed the availability from "On sale now" (which would have been April) to "July".

Unless they can get the car out in 3 weeks once order books open, I might have to pass.

Click for bigger size:

Wow .... Great pics of estoril blue - it looks superb !

Thanks for posting these pictures ... Great to see the colour in natural light conditions.

Went to have a look at a Merc A Class again today ... just out of interest now the AMG A45 is officially on sale.

This was 2nd visit to Merc, previous being in February.

The first time I quite liked the A but this time it looked very ordinary, almost dull & boxy.
it had no wow factor for me at all and the interior, quality, plastics and styling were not in the same league as Audi.

I found the A actually looks better in pictures than it does real life.

Have chucked all my A class literature now - got that car well & truly out of my system :)

Over priced to that A45 having had more of a look

I agree way overpriced.

Cheap feeling and certainly nothing special in the looks dept the Merc A45 AMG.

It is ALL about the engine but the S3 is only 0.2 seconds slower to 62mph in s tronic form so the Merc is hardly excelling.

Nah, it was not my cup of tea and for £38k plus extras you really are just paying for that AMG badge.

No problem Snake, ive been reading you for a very long time and you've helped me make my decision :). It'll be an S3 sportback in Estoril blue for me.

Some more pictures:

Reactions: blast1809 and Toadoftoadhall
Thanks for the extra photos & video.

i have gotta say ...

I really liked the look of estoril blue before, but seeing the colour on the S3 above it looks absolutely stunning and a real stand out colour.

£38,000 :( I won't be parting with my cash if that is the case. Way overpriced. Edit - just read the other Autoexpress which shows list at £31,980. So how come the Irish is so expensive in € :uhm:

Last edited:
£38,000 :( I won't be parting with my cash if that is the case. Way overpriced. Edit - just read the other Autoexpress which shows list at £31,980. So how come the Irish is so expensive in € :uhm:

I live in Northern Ireland and the prices of cars are usually more expensive down South so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure of the exact reason but it is treated as different market.

Does somebody has better pictures of a white S3 with the optional 18" S3 rims? Ik thought this picture is taken somewhere in the UK.

A

Either I'm going blind or Audi have renamed Ming blue!!!

google estoril blue folks and it will chuck up some nice e46 BMW m3 and all new m5 and m3 in a more lighter metallic ????

my dad had a estoril blue 850ci BMW totally different to pics posted above.

@ £31k , I might have to get one ;-)

Sean

Got an update for you Guys ....

I won't be ordering an S3 !

TBH, I was getting frustrated waiting and started looking at other things and have now ordered a different car for delivery in September.

Don't lose all faith though, as I am sticking with the Audi brand (to be honest Merc & BMW don't come close IMO) and I have gone for an S5 .... in 'estoril blue' :rolleyes:

So all this research wasn't for nothing as it certainly made my colour choice an easy decision.

Yeah, its a bit more money than an S3 would have cost me, but virtually everything comes as standard with the S5, including the amazing super sports seats which I was hugely impressed by, 19" rims, s-tronic, park sensors etc etc

I still get the rear seats, it looks stunning and performance is on par with the S3.

So deal done Guys, I am now on countdown to September and am very excited at the prospect of this car :icon_thumright:

I would like to thank many of you who have joined in the discussion to date and particularly Toad - with his excellent photo's and feedback from the Geneva motor show and dialogue from day one.

I will continue to drop by this thread though if that's ok and join in the talk as S3 news progresses and some of you order cars and eventually take delivery later this year.

I will of course post some pics of my estoril blue car when I get it :yes:

Reactions: SJW, Toadoftoadhall and cussycod
Excellent - you'll be able to drive that around whilst everyone else is waiting for their S3's! :racer:

Yeah and as some of the Guys ordering S3's will be going for Estoril blue, hopefully some pics of the paint will help ease some of thier wait.

Nice choice mate.. The 3.0 supercharged motor is silky smooth if a little thirsty.
Where did you buy from?

Yes mate the 3.0 litre super charger is a beast and so smooth ... the soundtrack is quite nice too :)

My local Dealer who I got my last two TT's from.

Hope you got a good deal... £6k off them on drivethedeal

Hey Snake, really pleased for you indeed - I can absolutely see your logic. Great car and in Estoril Blue too !
In the dark autumn/winter eves while still waiting for my S3, I can look forward to seeing some of the pics of your car taken in September sunshine !!

Hope you got a good deal... £6k off them on drivethedeal

yeah mate that was partly what made it do-able.
Fantastic value for the money and got great deal from Audi.

will be interesting to see what (if any) discounts / deals people get on the S3.

Hey Snake, really pleased for you indeed - I can absolutely see your logic. Great car and in Estoril Blue too !
In the dark autumn/winter eves while still waiting for my S3, I can look forward to seeing some of the pics of your car taken in September sunshine !!

you betcha ... lots of pics will be posted showing estoril in all its glory ... to keep you going on your final leg of the wait.

only thing I will miss is the FULL LED lights so make sure you tick those in the options box .. Look forward to some night pics of those :)