2013 A4 pirelli tire wear

audi_nyc

Reaction score
Gf and I leased a new A4 and I noticed it came with the Pirelli's. I read some quick reviews that they are give off more road noise than the other brand that is commonly used... (maybe Conti.. or something like that?) Anyway, we did a 42 month lease with 15k per year totalling 52,500 miles upon turn in unless we go over and get penalized.

What is the average life span of these Pirelli's with normal driving since my GF will simply be using is to commute and myself using it on the weekends with very rarely a 2 or 3 minute spurt of "spirited driving around the corners".

Will I have to fork out the cost for new tires a few thousand miles before turning it in?

If it's anything like my A4 2.0 Tfsi Quatro then a new set of tyres will be required arround the 15k mark, I was not happy. Now have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2's and have covered the nearly the same distance as the original Pirelli's and only showing 40-45% wear.

I found the Pirelli tyres to be very grippy but on lasting I would not hold your breath.

My fronts are away after 12K and not pushing them. I don't think they suit the S4. I had zero rosso on the TT and they were still good after 19K. Eagle F1's next for me.

I was surprised when I picked my car up from new as every other new A4 had SportMax tyres even the fully loaded demonstrator, mine came with the same Zero Rosso and I had four to replace in less than 15k. To say I was not happy with a bill for £900 in just over a year was an understatment.

To date I have found the Goodyear's as grippy but the look like thay might do 25-30K not bad on a 2.0 Tfsi Avant Quattro A4.

A final plus point since I replaced mine at nearly £250 ea they have dropped by arround £80 per tyre, good news if you are in the market for some new rubber. Might want to look at the reviews on www.tyrereviews.co.uk as the Goodyear has scorred in the top 3 for the last 12-24 months.