2013 - A3 S line (3dr) - Tow Bar

Daytona8v

Hi,

Can you please help. I have just bought a 3 door A3 S Line and want to fit a detachable tow bar to tow a small trailer.

What I am struggling with is if I should fit a 7 pin with universal electrics or pay more and get the dedicated electrics? Incidentally my car does have parking sensors - not sure if this makes any difference to your recommendation?

Also, I want to fit the pre cut lower valance but I cannot find any pictures to see if the part comes with the s line honeycomb grille? Has anyone any ideas if this is the case and also how much Audi charge for the part?

thanks

RichardT

This thread gives a lot of info about the factory fitted towbar....
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/factory-fitted-towbar.231371/

I understand that you can get it retro fitted, including the rear bodywork section. But it would be a bit more expensive that the new option price.

The pics I took in the above thread are on a saloon Sport, not s-line. But I wouldn't think there is much difference.

Daytona8v

Thanks Richard, looks a tidy job on yours. I have been looking at the after market Westfalia ones and they are around £180 for the bar and then £20 for a 7 pin or £80/£100 for the dedicated electrics plus I believe it will need some programming?. Not had a price on the lower trim though so hope someone can advise.

Just unclear if I should fit the dedicated electrics given the age of the car and that it has parking sensors etc - on previous Golf I fitted the universal electrics myself and it worked fine.

Daytona8v

This is an example of the lower honeycomb section I have not sure if there is an OEM part with a pre-cut that still looks like this?

dsc_0878-jpeg.50105

RichardT

I'm afraid you're not going to get a neat job like the oem for 200 quid. I would make absolutely sure what they are offering. I know some fittings just cut the bodywork - :puke2:

RichardT

This is an example of the lower honeycomb section I have not sure if there is an OEM part with a pre-cut that still looks like this?

dsc_0878-jpeg.50105

I would think that there is because you can get it as a build option. How much would it cost is another matter.

Daytona8v

Sorry, my post maybe was unclear the £200 is simply for the parts so would need to buy the lower trim that fits the bumper from Audi on top of this.

I definitely dont want to cut the bumper/trim!:frown new:

M

Mrles

This is mine factory fitted on the A3 S Line Sportback. Same arrangement as previously shown. Only the flap is different.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

M

Mrles

Just called my local audi and they could only check the parts on my car not ones I don't have fitted.:blink: I don't suppose you can see the part number on yours? Or anyone else knows what the part number is for an S Line pre-cut lower rear trim/valance?
You are in luck.
The part number of the flap is 8V3807397A
I Googled it and it gave this...
http://vagpart.com/parts/aud-8v3807397a/
Gives a complete breakdown of the bumper assembly. Remember this is for Sportback 2016 model. Just in case there's a difference.

Daytona8v

Update. Just had the required parts from Audi. For a 2013 3 door S Line you will need to buy the lower trim / valance and then 3 honeycomb inserts.

Part numbers are:-

A8V3 807 521 G1 RR
A8V3 807 819 A
A8V3 807 833
A8V3 807 820 IMAG2891_1.jpg

P

Peto Pedro

dsc_0878-jpeg.50105
Am really looking for this difuser .. where I can get it ?