2013 2.0tdi thermostat

yendall24

Reaction score
Hi all i have recently purchased an audi a4 with the 177ps 2.0tdi manual quattro . the car seems to be running cool it struggles to reach just below 90c on the gauge even on the motorway if you turn the heating up the temp falls constantly fluctuates on A roads dependant on speed and outside temps . i have it at awesome gti on friday for a timing belt and water pump so was thinking of asking them to change the thermostat whilst the coolants is drained . is there only the one thermostat on manual cars . i have read a few posts on other sites where people are saying this is normal which i cant believe . any advice would be appreciated

I have the same car & engine as you. Driving through town for a few miles then motorway at 60 for 10 miles it will barely get to 90 degrees. In the summer and at higher speeds mine will get to 90.

Graham

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for the reply . how long as your car been like this cant believe audi would produce a car that can not maintain engine heat . the lowest temp outside since having my car as been about 16c god help us in winter if they will not warm up now . surely these engine must of been tested in very cold climates before being released for sale . i am just not having it that this is right how do they go on in eastern europe where the winters are much colder than the uk

The stat in my Land Rover 300tdi is 88 degrees. The older 200tdi was 86 degrees.

I guess diesels just don't run that hot.

I don't know what the Audi stat is rated at. You would hope they would mark the gauge to match the stat.

If you are worried then it has to be worth swapping out the stat when you have the water pump done.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

hi all. all sorted now after my visit to awesome gti new timing belt kit and water pump and genuine thermostat fitted car gets up to temp quick and stays there thankfully i was not looking forward to winter if this was as reported normal