2013 2.0tdi (177) clutch judder

abooth2909

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just when all was going well with my A6, it has developed an annoying problem. It's currently on just under 15k miles and when pulling away from standstill, the clutch judders to varying degrees from slight to full on "learner driver about to stall".

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

Andy

Thanks buddy, I'll get onto the dealer tomorrow and get it booked in. Seems odd after only 15 k... Is there anything that speeds up their failure?

Er, I don't think so, some just fail, heard of it more in VWs than Audis, but maybe they come from the same place anyway!.
I might well be wrong anyway, but as your car's under warranty, I'd just hand it over to the dealership to sort out.

My old C7 used to do this a bit, usually when cold then it would stop when the car had warmed up.

Mind does it to varying degrees but when the dealer checks it they say it's ok. When I complain they say they will investigate it if I'm prepared to pay the labour to remove the box, refundable if it's found to be covered under warranty. It's not bad enough at the moment to chance having to pay the inspection cost.

I still haven't got round to investigating this but the car is due its first service now so will ask them to have a look while its in.
I'd pass on the inspection of they offered me the same deal, not bad enough to risk having to pay.
Oddly it seems less obvious depending on which "mode" the car is in. Less noticeable in economy and dynamic, worse in comfort! Strange!

I had this exact problem with an A4. Persist with the dealer, try and demonstrate it on a test drive. After about 5 visits they buckled and replaced the Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) and input shaft under warranty after investigating with an endoscope and sending video to Germany. Good luck.