2012 SE Headlights for Europe

derbyguy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got a 2012 3.0 TD SE Sportback Quattro with headlights like the image below
AU012519-e1409155218376.jpg

I'm travelling to France soon and have been looking at how to adapt them for their roads.
My manual says that if I have Xenon's there should be an option for this in the MMI, but if it's Halogens I have to use the old sticker on the lens.
I cant find anything in the MMI but I've also read various bits on these happening on cars of certain ages.

How do I tell if I have the plain Halogens? It would seem odd that it would have halogens given that basically everything else on the car was upgraded to S-Line trim by the original owner.

Thanks!

Xenon headlights were an £1,100 option on the SE. They would show as options PX1 and 8Q5 in the sticker in your handbook or the boot floor.
Some folks went to considerable lengths get their preferred spec with the comfort suspension.

If you have the headlights in the picture then you'll need stickers.

Great thanks guys. Stickers it is.
Still get very jealous every time I see cars with the LED's driving behind me at night!

I have fitted a pair of high-quality aftermarket Philips LED lamps to my family run-around - can be mounted flush to the bumper if required.