2012 S3 8P DSG Has it already been mapped ?

Justin1974

Reaction score
I've owned my S3 since May 2017 and I'm absolutely loving the car. I'm always on this forum seeing what everyone has done to theirs, and had already decided to do a few things, stage 1, DSG map and an intake. After spending the last couple of days of snow looking into what is available to me where I live, I finally managed to get out in the car for a drive. I noticed that when in manual mode going say 40mph in 5th and I floor it, it doesn't kickdown, has the DSG already been mapped ? How can I tell if it is already stage 1 or if the DSG has been mapped ?

Check if it upshifts it in M when you reach the limiter - that's the idiotic default map behaviour and one that tends to get mapped out. Best way would be to get a tuner to check though.

Thanks leshkin, I'll have a go and see if it does. Will look to get it checked over asap then

Mine still auto upshifts in M after a DSG map so it's tuner dependent. Another check is the rpm change point - this is usually increased from 6800 to 7200 rpm.

Mine still auto upshifts in M after a DSG map so it's tuner dependent. Another check is the rpm change point - this is usually increased from 6800 to 7200 rpm.
That's why I said that it's best to get a tuner to check it. Unicorn and RTech DSG maps disable the upshifts in M.

Reactions: nluk100
Check boost pressures and maf values through the obd2 port if you have a dongle.
If you have access log them and post them. It's easy enough to see from them values how the car is working and if its been mapped.

Thanks for your advice everyone, I have got a dongle but haven't used it yet. I will have a look later

I have plugged it in and had a quick look, I could find the MAF (air flow) but couldn't find the boost pressure. Done a quick test drive to see if it was logging ok and it seems to be working. How much data do I need to collect, just the lowest and highest value ?

Logging ECU parameters would only give you an indication of ECU being mapped, not DSG as they are different modules. Typically for logging ECU data, you want to do a 3rd gear, winde open throttle, run from as long rpm as possible (just shy of 2k should be fine) up to where the power begins to tail off or the gearbox upchanges, and get a CSV file generated with the following data: http://www.goapr.co.uk/support/datalogging.php