2012+ S Line and S4 genuine rear mudflap solution found?

GC001

Reaction score
In case you wanted to know....

I had fitted some front genuine mudflaps to the S4 but as we know the rears dont fit 2012 facelift cars.
Today I managed to fit the 8V S3 and A3 S Line (hatch) rear mudflaps with minimal modifications. it requires the carpet wheel arch cover to be trimmed slightly and a small bit of the bumper to be trimmed with a knife. which is then covered by the new mudflap.

Its about 10mm off the tab at the bottom corner of the bumper to allow the fitting.

2 screws into the carpet liner and the fixing on the top and its done. There are holes for other fixings but they dont line up so i've left them.

Part number is ZGB8V2075101

I know they wont be to everyones taste but being Misano Red the stones keep causing the clearcoat to peel on the edge of the bumper as they are thrown off the rear wheels. hoping this protects and hides any damage.

Reactions: Zafi and ruairi83
Nice work mate. They are very bulky but as said to
Protect bumper.

Can we have a full car side shot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431159093258016

Mud flaps or no mud flaps????

I am a fan of mad flaps tbh,I'm always fit them to my cars

Full car shot would be nice. Still toying with this....sick of stone chips!

In case you wanted to know....

I had fitted some front genuine mudflaps to the S4 but as we know the rears dont fit 2012 facelift cars.
Today I managed to fit the 8V S3 and A3 S Line (hatch) rear mudflaps with minimal modifications. it requires the carpet wheel arch cover to be trimmed slightly and a small bit of the bumper to be trimmed with a knife. which is then covered by the new mudflap.

Its about 10mm off the tab at the bottom corner of the bumper to allow the fitting.

2 screws into the carpet liner and the fixing on the top and its done. There are holes for other fixings but they dont line up so i've left them.

Part number is ZGB8V2075101

I know they wont be to everyones taste but being Misano Red the stones keep causing the clearcoat to peel on the edge of the bumper as they are thrown off the rear wheels. hoping this protects and hides any damage.

@GC001, do you have any pics from when you were fitting so we can see the cuts you had to make? If you, can you put together a little "how to" post?

Thanks