2012 & Avatar

Both do look good saw the ads this week, will try watching them.

Thought 2012 looked over the top but avatar looks cool.

Hype films are always going to be a disspointment

You've been very quiet for a while Paul.

You've been very quiet for a while Paul.

you noticed.. - Yeah I've had quite a lot of :gun2::doctor::sos::keule: going on at work and at home, plus a compluter melt down and no time to get it sorted didnt help access.

All is now good though so have more spare time on my hands - back to browsing again :happy:

Yeah wondered where you'd gone tbh, saw you post & thought he's been gone a while, actually thought you'd defected to vagoc, lol

I went quiet across all of the forums I use, here, vagoc, avforums plus others. The first entiltlement to the disaster was the pc melt down, then all the other sh#t that followed, just didnt have time (or energy) to get the pc sorted.

Everythings settled down now though. Normal life has resumed :) - until January when the silly season starts at work again :rolleyes:

Well good to see you're back mate.

After seeing the trailers for these two, I've got to say that 2012 doesn't do it for me. Avatar looks good though so will be watching that!

while at the cinema with missus watching final destination 3d, there was a trailer for avatar in 3d. i must say this looked fantastic, the 3d effects were the best i have ever seen! imo obviously!

Just watched 2012. Ok, but could've been better.
And yes, the Limo racing through the city was ridiculous! Only car that managed to escape the earthquake, through buildings and the lot! Yeeeaaaahhh right!

I saw 2012 the other day. Nice special effects but it's very cliché - the same ideas have been overused. I didn't think much of it.

The only part I found hilarious was when they couldn't start the Bentley's engine, turned out they had to use voice activation instead.

Last edited:
I'm going on Sunday to watch it! Been waiting ages for this to come out! :jump:

I have not wated a 3d film since i was a kid, do you still have the 3d glasses?

Last 3D thing I went to was the one at Thorpe Park! lol But the last one that I went to that actually impressed me was at the MPH Show a few years back. Still got the 3D glasses knocking around somewhere!

do quality street wrappers still work?

lol I remember trying that out as a kid! :cool:

2012 is shizzle. Avatar looks good though, just not my type of film. A bit too much CGI

seen both, Avatar yesterday morning. The later was a tour de force of special effects with a predictable plot. Was it worth seeing IMHO - YES!

Just got back from the imax and watching avatar in 3D.

WOW...WOW F***** WOW.

Is this film worth $300 million--- YES:applaus:

Is this film the best thing ive ever seen in my entire life---- YES:applaus:

The 3d is amazing beyond belief from the opening 20 seconds it blows you away! and it never lets up for 3 hours, so 3 hours of amazing-ness.

The film is beautiful and the action is fantastic, i cannot put into words how blown away i am with this, james cameroon you are a god!.

Some of the scenes in the helicopter and plane cockpits are fab and all i can say if that if 3d comes to computer games we have a hell of a treat.

You feel like your in the ****** film!

15/10 cannot rate this highly enough, simply breathtaking.

My chick wants to see Avatar in 3D but I think I can guess the entire storyline from the trailer!

Just got back from the imax and watching avatar in 3D.

WOW...WOW F***** WOW.

Is this film worth $300 million--- YES:applaus:

Is this film the best thing ive ever seen in my entire life---- YES:applaus:

The 3d is amazing beyond belief from the opening 20 seconds it blows you away! and it never lets up for 3 hours, so 3 hours of amazing-ness.

The film is beautiful and the action is fantastic, i cannot put into words how blown away i am with this, james cameroon you are a god!.

Some of the scenes in the helicopter and plane cockpits are fab and all i can say if that if 3d comes to computer games we have a hell of a treat.

You feel like your in the ****** film!

15/10 cannot rate this highly enough, simply breathtaking.

Seconded!!!

Just come back from watching it and OH MY GOD!!

The plot was excellent, and the 3D effects were amazing! The whole way through!!

Films which usually last this long have a 'dead' bit in the middle or the end where it gets boring, or you realise that its a long film. Not so in this. You actually become part of the film! I'm going to watch it again next week!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is one of the best, if not THE best moves I've ever seen. It is simply awesome! Loved every second of it!

It was good... but not really my cup of tea to be honest. Still, I appreciate a good film when I see one and Shawshank was one.

Seconded!!!

Just come back from watching it and OH MY GOD!!

The plot was excellent, and the 3D effects were amazing! The whole way through!!

Films which usually last this long have a 'dead' bit in the middle or the end where it gets boring, or you realise that its a long film. Not so in this. You actually become part of the film! I'm going to watch it again next week!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is one of the best, if not THE best moves I've ever seen. It is simply awesome! Loved every second of it!

Might go and see it myself again i think, its on until the end of january! and its simply awesome!

Looking forward to alice in wonderland in 3D.

I just cant believe people think that 3D is just a gimmick because i have never seen anything like it before in my life and all i can say is that they should make ALL FILMS 3d!!

How cool was the start where they wake from cryo sleep and there floating around?

I just cant believe people think that 3D is just a gimmick because i have never seen anything like it before in my life and all i can say is that they should make ALL FILMS 3d!!

I think that may be what they are building on. A lot of 3D films coming out at the moment and now that Avatar has raised the bar so much, I think it'll be the 2D movies that will be few and far between. Really was impressive. Just got to wait for the games to hit 3D now!