2012 Audi a5 front end on audi a4 b8 ?

A6tyy

Reaction score
Hi actually had a question regarding the audi a4 b8. I have an Audi 2009 A4 and have nearly sorted the back end out with the FL lights but need to start looking for bits for the front end as well. Heard a few ppl say the A5 and A4 share the same chassis. so my question is will the front end of a 2012 audi a5 s line fit onto an audi a4 ?
if so would it be ....
wings, bonnet, slam panel, bumper and headlights?
alot of parts bcm unit etc i been told fit both a4 and a5
sorry if this all sounds stupid but think the a5 front end looks sharper.
cheers

The A5 is wider, lower etc. I don't think it would work.

It's the same chassis but completely different body shape and size.
I'm pretty sure it won't fit without heavy modification

Even if it were possible can I just ask why? Imagine how odd it would look!

Why not just fit the facelift A4 bits on it?

as I said before ........... 'think the a5 front end looks sharper.'

but will have to see, need to sort the back end out 1st done the coding just have to add two wires in and the back ends done :)

Why don't you just buy a A5 Sportback? :confused:

See personally I prefer the a5 like I said much sharper but hey that's what I prefer. But as scoTTy said it is wider but it has been done before was revealed at sema in the states. Dnt matter no more already bought the 8.5 s line bumper just finding the other parts

Hi did you manage to do the front end conversion?

Hi sorry for the late reply. No I never I gave up on going for the a5 front end want to do the fl b8 one though. So far I managed to get the headlights but that's all they missing the bulbs and ballasts but got the units very cheap. Did buy a bumper on eBay as well but when it came was for the a6 so got a refund on that and haven't got around to do ne thing else yet. Trying to find out if I also need to change the slam panel and the headlight holders? If any one has an idea? Cheers