2012 A3 Rear Tail Light Problem

paulmolive

Reaction score
Hello! I recently purchased a used 2012 Audi A3. I love it, but I already have a problem. I have a rear left tail light out. Normally no big deal.. But I removed the light and examined it, and found all the bulbs were ok. I believe it's the LED? Please see the attached photo. Anyone have any experience with this? I looked up replacements and they are crazy expensive. I'm really hoping there is a way to repair it. Thanks for your time

Paul

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 285
Hello! I recently purchased a used 2012 Audi A3. I love it, but I already have a problem. I have a rear left tail light out. Normally no big deal.. But I removed the light and examined it, and found all the bulbs were ok. I believe it's the LED? Please see the attached photo. Anyone have any experience with this? I looked up replacements and they are crazy expensive. I'm really hoping there is a way to repair it. Thanks for your time

Paul

Only the inner tube is LED. The rest is normal bulbs. You may have a corroded adapter. Did you try swapping the left with the right?

The other issue with these units is water/moisture ingress is common and the circuit itself might be dead in which case a new unit is unavoidable.

Ok. Thanks! I can swap the left side for the right? Didn't think of that. I was wondering also if it might be a fuse. I hope it's not junk, seems odd that it might not be repairable