2012 1.8TFSI 120PS Remap Question

Scott.T

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been done to death, but I am considering coming back to Audi with the purchase of a 1.8TFSI 120PS S-Line.
I understand that this is the same power plant as the 160PS, and therefore can be 're-calibrated' to run 200BHP+.

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has done this and which is considered the best tune, Revo, APR, Superchips etc....

Are there any other downsides to the 120PS, as the 160PS it was next to on the forecourt was considerably more money, but otherwise identical specification.

I researched this when I was buying mine. I'm lead to believe that the 120 & 160 are exactly the same engine with different maps. There is a video on YouTube of a guy who has remapped his 120 to over 200bhp and the results look pretty stunning. From reading this forum the best maps are from APR or REVO

Thanks for the replies guy's
I am down on the south coast, so it looks like I will be hunting out a Revo or APR dealer.
APR point to AMD Essex but AMD Essex don't list it as specifically a APR remap, more like one of theirs.

I assume both provide the ability to switch maps.

Just to add, the 168BHP (Simos) later model 2013/2014 I believe, is different to the 160BHP. But it's not clear if the 2013/2014 120BHP is the old 120 or a detuned 168BHP Simos

Just get a 211bhp remapped. That's power. Scare an S4 for sure..

Just make sure it doesn't drink more oil than petrol....

Reactions: ianv5
Just get a 211bhp remapped. That's power. Scare an S4 for sure..

Just make sure it doesn't drink more oil than petrol....

I've got my garage queen Subaru for that, 350BHP and 1200Kg ;) tends to surprise most things.
A4 BE just needs to be able to cope with the odd overtake and spirited launch off a roundabout or two.