2011 A3 fan blower not working?

Dave-S3

Reaction score
My blower's randomly stopped working today, i can hear the louvres moving when i press the buttons to direct the air around, the climate control system still works but the fan won't blow at all. Ive checked the fuse and thats fine, the fan sounds ever so slightly like its trying to move when you switch the blower on, is there anything to check, can it be fixed or does this sound like its totally goosed and i need a new one?

Can anyone confirm that its this one i need, i presume so as its the only one that mentions climate control! £220 :(

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...db2f31d9c1d170feaceede7681db2774685226&000190

Mate my fan packed up like yours, I removed the fan and checked the electrics to and from the controller that screws to it as per my thread here. Got a replacement of eBay for 70 quid and still working. Cheapest fix.

Rang the stealers and they wanted 345 quid for the fan unit so investigated a bit further.

All fuses OK so stripped fan out of housing, checked power was there and the control signal to the module varied in line with the climate control. Disconnected fan power and plugged back in fan worked!! but only for a few seconds before cutting out.

Either the control module is getting a fault from the fan and cutting power or the control module is knackered. Ordered a new one for 70 quid of ebay so hope that sorts it.

Offending item

Fingers crossed

It worked yesterday morning when I left for work but didn't work when I got back in the car to come home...whacked under the glove box a few times turned the blower back on and it worked fine all the way home... Any more ideas? A load of crap and leaves fell out when I whacked the glovebox tho...!

Remove the glove box and the fan clean it all out and replace.Mine seized up because i couldn't use the car for 3 months (medical reason) works A1 one

Ive taken it all apart and i think theres a intermittent fault on the resistor pack or fan, I'm going to get a 12v supply to the fan tomorrow and see what happens, looks like it could be the resistor, its not a plug fault anywhere as i wobbled them all as it was running, ill report back tomorrow!

Ive taken it all apart and i think theres a intermittent fault on the resistor pack or fan, I'm going to get a 12v supply to the fan tomorrow and see what happens, looks like it could be the resistor, its not a plug fault anywhere as i wobbled them all as it was running, ill report back tomorrow!
Hi
I know this was a while ago but my fan has stopped working twice randomly in the past couple of weeks, it wouldn’t work th3n next day started working again, I’m interested t find out what happened?
Cheers

My fan died a while back and it was the little controller box attached to the main unit that died, cheap to replace and you don’t need the whole fan unit replaced which is pretty expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My fan died a while back and it was the little controller box attached to the main unit that died, cheap to replace and you don’t need the whole fan unit replaced which is pretty expensive

This is all located behind glove box right!

This is all located behind glove box right!

Yeah you can drop the fan unit and the controller is screwed to it

I checked that power was there with a meter then checked to see if the control voltage changed when the fan speed buttons went up and down. There was all the voltages there so the cc unit was ok sending but the controller was not connecting with the fan unit.