2010 sportback black edition mods?

Dan97

Reaction score
Just bought my first a3 and was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas, performance and looks wise.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_6563.PNG
    IMG_6563.PNG
    965.9 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_6562.PNG
    IMG_6562.PNG
    501.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_6564.PNG
    IMG_6564.PNG
    415.5 KB · Views: 290
Just bought my first a3 and was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas, performance and looks wise.
Cheers

Just a friendly warning...net worth is inversely proportional to how many times you enter ASN. I could have purchased a used R8 by now BUT I freaking love my car!!!!

Reactions: S3Alex
A stage 1 remap for more oomph! but make sure you go to a recommended tuner.

Reactions: Dan97
I would recommend getting the hex drive changed/upgrade the oil pump balance shaft if it hasn't been done already.

Reactions: Marek196c
Cheers

What did you pay for the car as a matter of interest. Selling my 59 plate black edition soon and was wondering what i could get for it.

What did you pay for the car as a matter of interest. Selling my 59 plate black edition soon and was wondering what i could get for it.
Paid £9,900 mate, 45k on the clock from a dealership.

Reactions: lgooch
Not really looks or performance but cruise control would be a nice mod, can't quite see from your pic if it's already there.

interior lights change to leds, heated seats, depend of how much $$$ do you wanna to spend, as said remap, or bigger turbo sport exhaust, k&n induction, coilovers, etc... custom audio, or upgrade to bose s.s., depend of what you looking for...

interior lights change to leds, heated seats, depend of how much $$$ do you wanna to spend, as said remap, or bigger turbo sport exhaust, k&n induction, coilovers, etc... custom audio, or upgrade to bose s.s., depend of what you looking for...
Stage 1 map will be a definite mate, already got the bose system. Thinking about swapping the alloys for rs6 ones, but not sure yet, any ideas on good looking oem rims?

Stage 1 map will be a definite mate, already got the bose system. Thinking about swapping the alloys for rs6 ones, but not sure yet, any ideas on good looking oem rims?
classics bbs chr or original rs3 ones, if you find (and is hard as hell) ro_ja formula 1, original R8 wheels?
BTW there is theard about rimz, and is sticked ;)

As discussed last night, Your year car is just on the change, swap the steering wheel to the later facelift style, smaller, thicker, gloss black trim.

Full Interior light pack
( front & rear footwells )
( front & rear door puddles )
( front & rear door handles )
( front & rear ambient courtesy lights )

Tune2air for Ami

Reverse camera on factory Nav

Spacers & lowered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Almost identical to mine (Same alloys) etc.

I think most of the above recommendations cover it. I did allot of performance mods before I started with interior and exterior. The black edition S-Line looks the balls anyways, so I don't think much is needed. I would personally save your money, and look at performance gains. And consider lowering and spacers at a later point.

1) Remap (The 140 needs it, usually as standard you can get it to 170bhp on stock parts)
2) Miltek Exhaust sports system (I got the Resonated on the diesel and I massively regret it, but it helps airflow and faster turbo spooling)
3) BMC Air filter...Or K&N, I prefer BMC, usually better material. Might get 1 BHP out of it, but its again better airflow.

With the above Mods and a remap you could be looking at 175-180bhp (Possibly).

If it's a 2010 car it should already have the upgraded/modified oil pump balance shaft fitted at factory by Audi

Love the car. I'd change the rear diffuser to accommodate dual exhaust tips (preferably 1 on each side of the car) and exhaust.

As discussed last night, Your year car is just on the change, swap the steering wheel to the later facelift style, smaller, thicker, gloss black trim.

Full Interior light pack
( front & rear footwells )
( front & rear door puddles )
( front & rear door handles )
( front & rear ambient courtesy lights )

Tune2air for Ami

Reverse camera on factory Nav

Spacers & lowered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All good suggestions there! Thanks for fitting my grill as well! Amazed at how quick and easy you made it look lol! Also love the directional fogs and coming home lights you did for me!

Almost identical to mine (Same alloys) etc.

I think most of the above recommendations cover it. I did allot of performance mods before I started with interior and exterior. The black edition S-Line looks the balls anyways, so I don't think much is needed. I would personally save your money, and look at performance gains. And consider lowering and spacers at a later point.

1) Remap (The 140 needs it, usually as standard you can get it to 170bhp on stock parts)
2) Miltek Exhaust sports system (I got the Resonated on the diesel and I massively regret it, but it helps airflow and faster turbo spooling)
3) BMC Air filter...Or K&N, I prefer BMC, usually better material. Might get 1 BHP out of it, but its again better airflow.

With the above Mods and a remap you could be looking at 175-180bhp (Possibly).
Booking my map later funnily enough mate lol, what are your opinions on induction kits to go with the map?

Reactions: NoGGy
Love the car. I'd change the rear diffuser to accommodate dual exhaust tips (preferably 1 on each side of the car) and exhaust.
Cheers mate! Yeah I was speaking about doing that last night as well, would look ace!

Booking my map later funnily enough mate lol, what are your opinions on induction kits to go with the map?

Who you going with?

In terms of the induction kit, I used to go with K&N's, had a 57i on my old ST, sounded great! But it was a petrol. With my Diesel, I just kept with a panel filter on mine, but went with the BMC. (http://www.bmcairfilters.com/eng/car-filters/fb444-01/596/art) I think that's the correct part of the 140 model.

The thing about the stock audi kits is they are optimized for airflow. The air intake box sits at the front of the grill allowing direct airflow straight into filter, if you remove that and replace it with a cone induction kit, unless its positioned to face towards the front grill, usually you end up sucking hotter engine air in and you actually lose performance. There is actually a decent video on youtube about induction kits, it's actually a bit of a myth in my opinion, granted it sounds better, but if you position it wrong, you pay the price. I would keep the stock kit and just replace it with a sports filter. Like i say, it doesnt really add a huge amount of power...(1-2bhp) but it's a must for a remap...

Who you going with?

In terms of the induction kit, I used to go with K&N's, had a 57i on my old ST, sounded great! But it was a petrol. With my Diesel, I just kept with a panel filter on mine, but went with the BMC. (http://www.bmcairfilters.com/eng/car-filters/fb444-01/596/art) I think that's the correct part of the 140 model.

The thing about the stock audi kits is they are optimized for airflow. The air intake box sits at the front of the grill allowing direct airflow straight into filter, if you remove that and replace it with a cone induction kit, unless its positioned to face towards the front grill, usually you end up sucking hotter engine air in and you actually lose performance. There is actually a decent video on youtube about induction kits, it's actually a bit of a myth in my opinion, granted it sounds better, but if you position it wrong, you pay the price. I would keep the stock kit and just replace it with a sports filter. Like i say, it doesnt really add a huge amount of power...(1-2bhp) but it's a must for a remap...
Cc tuning in burton mate, that's useful to know then cheers. I'll just be getting a better filter then!

Reactions: NoGGy