1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 S3 Engine light need help!

Gary T Oct 28, 2018

1. Gary T

Gary T New Member

Hi everyone this is my first post on here, I have been searching to see if anyone has had a similar fault to the one that I have with my 2010 S3.

EML came on a couple of weeks back and it sounded slihhtly rough just off idle, is hard to tell if misfiring or not, it seemed to be driving fine.

2 active fault codes, one for multiple misfire detected and one for misfire cylinder 4.

I’ve swapped coil packs around, cleared faults, run and same faults came back.

I then changed spark plugs, and swapped number 4 cool pack with number 2 this time, run and still same 2 fault codes came back, multiple misfire cylinder 4.

Has anyone else had similar experience?
    Is this pointing towards an injection loom issue?

Thanks

Regards

Gary

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Firstly it is worth checking Ross-Tech web site to see what your fault codes mean as this will give you a better indication to what it could be and it even gives you some causes and solutions to try