2010 B8 2.0 Tdi S-Line, Brake Lines, worth changing?

GjrBartlett

Reaction score
Evening,

Awaiting delivery of my new front discs & pads, which a friend of mine is kindly going to fit for me

However, chatting with him yesterday, he recommends upgrading the brake lines whilst the wheels & brakes are off.

Is this worth doing? Recommended brands, Goodridge? UK stockists & what sort of price I should be paying?

thanks, Gareth.

Last edited:
My wife is driving my old 54 plate A4 I have had that car from it being 6 months old with 267,000 miles on the clock and I have never replaced any of the lines, are you replacing with the same spec or are you upgrading the breaking system ??

Fitting MTEC Black Edition Discs & Mintex pads.

May look to upgrade the braking system in the future, but not in my short term plans at the minute.

Then unless you have some lines that are look bad or have leaked I would save the cash but do a break fluid flush.

Had the brake fluid done in Feb, I've had no issues with braking so will inspect the hoses when the wheels are off.

I have had braided stainless hoses made by Venhill, HEL and Goodridge and never had a problem with quality or delivery from any of them.

I also make up my own using individual fittings from my local rally prep shop, but they are more expensive than machine made hoses.

Brakes getting changed today, looking forward to getting the MTEC's on, will look much better, hopefully get a picture up later/tomo.