2010 Audi A5 bent valves and no compression....What can i do?????

lao

Reaction score
My Audi A5 was leaking oil but was running and driving fine! While driving a warning came on saying oil pressure too low. I parked it, turned it off and went into the store to buy oil. When i came back out it would not start up! Got it towed to a shop and they said i have bent valves and that i should be looking for a new motor?! are bent valves repairable or do i dish out for a new motor? Thanks

My Audi A5 was leaking oil but was running and driving fine! While driving a warning came on saying oil pressure too low. I parked it, turned it off and went into the store to buy oil. When i came back out it would not start up! Got it towed to a shop and they said i have bent valves and that i should be looking for a new motor?! are bent valves repairable or do i dish out for a new motor? Thanks

The valves bend when the pistons collide with the valves, so it depends on the piston damage as well. A new engine would be about £6K + fitting.
Our 8-year-old car with 55,000 miles had a full main dealer service history so we got a 30% contribution from VAG UK as a goodwill gesture.

The low oil pressure caused the cam-chain tensioner to lose tension. The timing chain then slipped on the cam-sprockets and the valves hit the pistons.

The engine is repairable by an independent mechanic but it could be a very big job.