2010 A6 Avant drivers side rear window not fully closing

swampdonkeygj

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

My boy opened his window this morning, but it wouldn't fully close, and was still open by around 6 inches. If we tried to close it further, it either wouldn't move, or the window would go down, as if the sensor had detected an obstruction.

I managed to close it once we arrived home by fully opening it, and then pulling up on the window whilst also trying to close with the switch. However, I can see the that it is not fully closed along the top rear edge of the window.

I have tried searching but can't find anything specific to this model - I'm guessing the guides have broken, causing obstruction. But I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you fix this ?

My rear window is doing the same I think

It's like it's coming off the rails and moving slightly to the side then catching and the safety function kicks I and puts it back down again

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

They don't get used very much so end up getting full of crud only real way of fixing it is to remove the door card and try and clean & grease the mechanism. Quick way to solve the problem is to pull or push the window up square while some operates the switch, just watch you fingers....

They don't get used very much so end up getting full of crud only real way of fixing it is to remove the door card and try and clean & grease the mechanism. Quick way to solve the problem is to pull or push the window up square while some operates the switch, just watch you fingers....
Yeah that's what I had to do mate pain in the backside

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk