2010 A5 LED number plate lights - advice please

Garfybeds

Reaction score
I have wanted to replace my number plate lights with LED ones, to complete the white lighting look on my car.

I thought I was being sensible, ordering official Audi LED lights - however, when they arrived, they have a different securing method to the ones on my car. My car has sprung loaded fitted lights, which you push to one side to release. The supplied lights are secured by a screw/bolt.

Can anyone advise me:
1. Is there a way I can fit the received lights into the car ?
2. If not, how can I get LEDs for my number plate lights - I could replace the festoon bulb, but I need to have ones that will work with the CANBUS as these lights are monitored by it.

Thanks

what was the part number? you may have ordered the 4h a8 ones instead of the 4g a6 ones.

what was the part number? you may have ordered the 4h a8 ones instead of the 8k/8t ones.

The SKUs follow. It seems that I have indeed ordered 4H ones, not that I know the difference ! I'm a bit surprised at the mention of A8 as they were definitely listed as A5 ones on their website (unless A8 stands for something else)

4H0943021
4H0943022

Is there a solution ?

Also, is anyone looking for some 4H ones as it would seem that I have some to sell !

Ouch ! Quiet a difference in price too. Is there a bulb solution ?

Thanks - will try Trups and EMTuning. How do I find properjp I wonder?

Reactions: t8ups
I can do the do the OEM setup like the one on ebay for £55 posted to a UK address or direct replacements for £6 + £2.10 uk postage.

MY direct swap bulbs use the same spec LED's in the OEM meaning they will look a factory fit and not the bright units you see that light up half the road behind you.

Thanks
Trups

I can do the do the OEM setup like the one on ebay for £55 posted to a UK address or direct replacements for £6 + £2.10 uk postage.

MY direct swap bulbs use the same spec LED's in the OEM meaning they will look a factory fit and not the bright units you see that light up half the road behind you.

Thanks
Trups

Trups - assuming the direct fit ones will be CANBUS error free, I'll take a pair please

Trups,

PM'd you, I'm after the exact same thing.

I'm new to the forum, I assume by 'starting conversation' with a member is sending a PM right?