2010 A5 2.0 Petrol Oil Consumption problem ?

charlie_b37

Reaction score
I have a 2010 A5 2.0 petrol with full Audi service history with 97k on the clock, I've been having oil consumption problems with it over the last few months. Went into Audi Ellesmere Port over a month ago for the tests, all tests were done and said i needed the job doing! I had an e-mail off them saying the total repair cost would cost £5985 and they were willing to pay £4800 leaving me to pay £1200, i think this is completely unreasonable as its a manufaturing problem, spoke to the guy today he was not backing down but said he would speak to Audi UK on my behalf again.
What does everyone think i should do, surely i should not have to pay £1200 ?

many thanks in advance

Charlie

Some people might say that £1200 to pay on a £6000 job is not to bad considering the car is 7 years old and has been round the planet 3 times.
This is a well trodden path and there are several threads on here some of them many pages long dealing with this.
£1200 buys a lot of oil .

Unfortunately everybody knows about that issue on those engines and nobody wants to buy it!!!
So, as deserstorm said 1200 pounds buys a lot of oil.

Sorry for it

Yes you are right the milege is high, but it has had no issues at all, until this. Will see what they get back to me with, hopefully a better offer and go from there, yes £1200 would buy me a lot of oil haha

If it has full Audi service history they should be doing the work free of charge. Go direct to Audi U.K. CS.