2009 sportback reverse light

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Just a quick question, lately i've been getting a fault on start up with n/s reverse light. I've run a scan with vcds and am getting intermittent wiring fault, I've taken a quick look and the bulb is good but when i give the unit a little wiggle the light goes out, no amount of wiggling will bring it back on but turning off the ignition and turning it back on brings the reverse lamp back on. the offside is fine so my question is, do i need to replace the unit as it seems to be all in one, not even sure if the bulb is replaceable.

Thoughts please... Thankyou. Matt.

Hi, I has the same issue last week, the n/s reverse light was displaying a warning. Removing the bulb and putting back in didn't help (although it would light up). I ended up getting a new one from Halfords, £2.99, and it's been fine since...

Ok, thanks for your reply buddy, Was it easy to change as i couldn't really see how the bulb came out of the holder.

Yep, once you have the bulb carrier I clipped and out (2 little red clips from memory) then the reverse bulb pulls out, replacement pushes in. For me the hardest part was getting the bulb carrier out.