2009 sportback rear inner led not working driver side

Lee+Ash_a3

Reaction score
As the title says. Got home today and was out taking some more pics to post and I noticed the led not working. Also the outer part led is very dull. Passenger side is super bright in comparison.

Any of you guys had this issue and know how to rectify? Checked wiring around boot hinge etc and all seems good.

A little update. So, I go out last night and when dark it's apparent that the inner rear led is on but so dull you can just see it at night. If I move the wires on the connection it flickers a little. The outer part is still dull in comparison with passenger side.

A little warranty job coming but as I bought the car from Arnold Clark I was trying to avoid having their shoddy workmanship near our car. Apologies if I offend anyone who is a tech for them. A few family members have had issues with repairs done by them on new cars.

could be a bad light ,bad connector or coding thats been messed with . surely they can't **** up on fitting a new rear cluster

Hopefully not lol. It's going in wed morning to find out the issue. The outer light now has a fair bit of condensation so I reckon it's that.

Car is finally going in tomorrow for new rear light. Do they need to be coded? The service dude at Arnold Clark seems to think they are plug&play