2009 S4 Avant Quartz Grey DSG

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Hey guys, some of you may remember me, been a member on here for years with my 2004 A3 TDI and my 2007 REVO 2+ S3. Had a 9 month gap there owning a 2005 Porsche Cayman S but I'm happy to announce I'm back where I belong in an Audi!!

Loved my Cayman:

But this 2009 S4 Avant DSG popped up for great money and it has been a car I have been looking at for a while and before I bought the Cayman.

Spec:
56k miles
Quartz Grey
Damping Control
Dynamic Steering
Audi Drive Select
Ski bag with through load facility
Quattro Sports Diff
Black Silk Nappa Leather
HDD Nav
19" Double Spoke Alloys
S Sports Seats
Driver Side Memory
Storage Pack
DAB Digital Radio
Audi Music Interface
Privacy Glass

Overall condition of the car is quite perfect for the age and miles few wee things to sort out and hopefully get them sorted within the next few weeks.

Plans are:

H&R 40mm Springs (ordered)
Full detail using cquartz (next week)
Front bumper lip repair (dented fin)
Black optics - how hard is it to remove the roof rails and window surrounds?
Rear tyres to be changed to Michelin PS2's
Revo remap (TBC)
Milltek or equivalent to free up so e extra noise!

Pictures to follow :)

Reactions: xpoweruk, voorhees, AU11 ALS and 4 others
Welcome back :kissmyrings:
There is a thread on here where someone as removed the roof rails

Reactions: Boydie
Your just a tease... All that write up and not one pic lol

Welcome back. Seen the photos of Cayman on RMS... Looked well.

Hello every body in house
love being here.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424545654755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424545654755.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 244
Welcome back Boydie :) x

Very nice motor and welcome back where you belong.

Some better photos now with my plate on, lowered 40mm on H&R and facelift/RS6 pedals

I've replaced all 4 OEM centre caps as old ones were tarnished, repaired leaky fog light, full detail in C-quartz and that's it so far

Plans would be to eventually remap as they respond extremely well but it is expensive as you know. Likewise with an exhaust and intake but for all three you wouldn't get much change from £3k!!! A must through is a flat bottom steering wheel. Loved it in my S3 and very surprised these weren't an available option to these cars until 2012/13.

Anyway, love driving it and can't stop so I'll just enjoy it for now and keep an eye out for performance parts.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, scotty76, s3_trev and 3 others
Looking really well, I have my eye on one of these for the future. Have you considered the pulley upgrage with the remap, this thing comes alive with that mod.looking at videos, it would be well worth it.

Out of intreast,how much is the flat steering wheel upgrade?
Btw lovely motor u have there mate

It depends on year, options on steering wheel, type of leather etc... But to get one with paddles and airbag you'll be talking guts of £500-600
Ouch glad I spec'd mine from new. I know you couldn't.:-(

Starting to change/replace the bits and pieces of the car to bring it back to original state:
S4 caliper clips replaced - these were worn and tarnished so now nice a fresh. Purely cosmetic as opposed to the S3 ones which were incorporated onto the caliper spring.
PITA to fit ats the pins split on both and had to drill them out.

Secondly, replaced the horrible looking blue coolant cap. A lot of owners across the VAG range change it to the R8 coolant cap but at £60+ but at £10 from Audi, you can't go wrong plus it matches the rest of the engine bay:

Not sure what's next, the facelift models came with aluminium tipped window switches which I am very tempted to replace as it would bright up the door cards but not really keen in taking them off but will see.

I found an OEM number for black washer bottle cover so that will be the next thing actually

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Black_Washer_Cap/ES352680/

Reactions: Bulldog
I went for the Porsche caps on mine instead of the R8 ones as a lot cheaper than the R8 also I've been wanting to change to the black washer cap but there's two different sizes & we need the larger size.

I went for the Porsche caps on mine instead of the R8 ones as a lot cheaper than the R8 also I've been wanting to change to the black washer cap but there's two different sizes & we need the larger size.

Mind if i ask where you sourced these? I know there's loans for sale on eBay, but if I can use a supplier whose parts are already known to fit, that would be useful. Do you still have links to the sellers?

Thanks

@JDP I got them direct from Porsche as they was the cheapest ie no eBay rare tax on them:icon thumright:

@Boydie there's a guy on eBay that does them & he told me about the size difference he says he sometimes gets them but wouldn't give the part number.

Reactions: Boydie and jdp1962
Gorgeous looking S4 Avant there @Boydie :cool::cool::cool:

I've just managed to find both Porsche items on sale at Awesome GTi for £50, shipping included. Thanks for the steer.
:thumbs up:
@jdp1962 - Nice to see you buying everything in sight Jeff ! ;):D

Reactions: jdp1962
That was the seller I was going to buy from I don't think it's going to fit but hope I'm wrong as I'll be ordering one if it does.

I'm loving the stance on it dropped 40mm, no rubbing ?