2009 S-Line 120PS Project

Exhaust System Before Remap or After

• Total voters

Eddie.D

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

Back in September I got myself 2.0 TDI A4 B8 S-Line Avant, unfortunately at the time i didn't realize I was buying the 120PS car. Don't get me wrong, i love the car...! It's one amazing machine and looks are just. WOW...! The lack of power never ever bothered me as I'm in no rush, but recently after having some problems overtaking I decided to do some work on this baby.

So my plan is to get a Stage 2 remap by Torquetronix is Ballymena NI which should bring it up to 180 BHP -+ 10. It will just be a simple ECU work and DPF removal, your basic stuff. As time goes maybe put different exhausts system in it, tho am actually thinking if doing that before remap (much difference in doing it now or later on?).

Maybe get a nice set of alloys on it and some good set of adjustable coilovers. Without a doubt RS6 grill as you do and nice front lip.

Any other suggestions would be nice. Thank you guys.

PS. Yes car is up for sale as i was going to buy 170PS, only until I remap it then shes all mine. My precious.

Attachments

• R Side.jpg
    R Side.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 168
  • L Back.jpg
    L Back.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 174
  • L Side.jpg
    L Side.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 164
I am not 100% but I didn’t think the RS6 grill would fit on an A4, also no idea what you are saying about selling and not selling...

Ahhh its not the actually RS6 grill, same style but it fits the car anyways.

Hello Gentlemen,

Back in September I got myself 2.0 TDI A4 B8 S-Line Avant, unfortunately at the time i didn't realize I was buying the 120PS car. Don't get me wrong, i love the car...! It's one amazing machine and looks are just. WOW...! The lack of power never ever bothered me as I'm in no rush, but recently after having some problems overtaking I decided to do some work on this baby.

So my plan is to get a Stage 2 remap by Torquetronix is Ballymena NI which should bring it up to 180 BHP -+ 10. It will just be a simple ECU work and DPF removal, your basic stuff. As time goes maybe put different exhausts system in it, tho am actually thinking if doing that before remap (much difference in doing it now or later on?).

Maybe get a nice set of alloys on it and some good set of adjustable coilovers. Without a doubt RS6 grill as you do and nice front lip.

Any other suggestions would be nice. Thank you guys.

PS. Yes car is up for sale as i was going to buy 170PS, only until I remap it then shes all mine. My precious.

Stage 2 with DPF removal and only 180 bhp doesn't sound right to me. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I also have/had a 120 which is now remapped to 188bhp with no other mods at all. Personally I wouldn't even think about having the DPF removed to get those figures (unless it's causing issue?)

Stage 2 with DPF removal and only 180 bhp doesn't sound right to me. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I also have/had a 120 which is now remapped to 188bhp with no other mods at all. Personally I wouldn't even think about having the DPF removed to get those figures (unless it's causing issue?)

Weird, the guy I spoke with said Stage 2 would involve more "aggressive" ECU remap and DPF removal totaling £360. He must be talking rubbish, must ring him and give him awful abuse.

If don't mind me asking, who done your car and for how much?

PS. DPF is in top notch condition.

Well I live is uk, so was a company called Big Fish tuning, local to me.

It cost £200 for the map and included a rolling road session.

It's obviously your call mate, but if there's nothing wrong with your DPF I wouldn't be touching it, and certainly not for the gains you've been quoted. Eventually they will crack down on DPF removal and it'll cost a pretty penny to replace. There will be people on here, no doubt that have had their DPF removed and swear by it, but I'd be keeping it and shop around for another tuner.

Reactions: Eddie.D
Well I live is uk, so was a company called Big Fish tuning, local to me.

It cost £200 for the map and included a rolling road session.

£200?? That is dirt cheap...!
Well I'm just after talking with Murray Motorsport in Newry and he said £260 for 175 BHP ( +- 10 BHP may be more if engine is in good condition). Rolling road, to-pup of liquids, wash and clean of the inside. Think I'm leaving DPF in for now.

Still no where as good as your £200 for 188 BHP.

Anyways what the car feels like? Any problems since you got it done? Any further mods?

£200?? That is dirt cheap...!
Well I'm just after talking with Murray Motorsport in Newry and he said £260 for 175 BHP ( +- 10 BHP may be more if engine is in good condition). Rolling road, to-pup of liquids, wash and clean of the inside. Think I'm leaving DPF in for now.

Still no where as good as your £200 for 188 BHP.

Anyways what the car feels like? Any problems since you got it done? Any further mods?

It feels like a completely different car tbh. No idea why Audi did a 120 version, it's far too under powered. It's running at 320 lb/ft of torque after the map. The power comes in at around 2.5k rpm and after the map my clutch slipped from 4th gear. Had a new one put in and all OK so far.

No real other mods so far, apart from full LED light conversion inside and fogs to match the DRL's. De-badged the **** end, Rear windows tinted and I've put 15mm wheel spacers all round as didn't like the way the car sat with the wheels right inside the arches.

No other real plans at the minute tbh, as it's the family car and the wife isn't having any of me getting it lowered. I will eventually get another front grille, and the chrome around the windows wrapped.

Yeah, when you think of it. Why would Audi bother with 120 when its not enough for a car that size, specially Avant. Feel foolish for not checking the BHP before I got it.

The clutch? Just normal one or did you get one that would handle more power, because I know i will have to put a new one at some stage. Was looking at these http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/clutch-kits/car/audi/a4-08-on-b8/2009/2-0td-2 for when time comes. Not sure good or not,but will see as time goes.

Well your car sounds sweet man, wheels spacers and tints are must. Makes car bit more aggressive. Guess at some stage I will conciser adjustable coilovers for fun and a nice set of alloys.

So much to do...! :blackrs4:

Just went with a standard Sachs clutch and flywheel. It's holding up fine at the minute, and don't plan on changing anything else that would increase power.

I've looked at aftermarket wheels and rotors both in 19's as I think the standard 18's look too small. Putting the spacers on has helped stop the immediate want of new wheels and only cost £70. I'll keep looking though, and if I find a set that I'd be stupid not to buy, I'll pull the trigger.

If I had it my way, I'd go bonkers and spend £££'s. Good job the wife moans lol

If I had it my way, I'd go bonkers and spend £££'s. Good job the wife moans lol
Ohhh man I'm so glad I'm just on my own:rock: ( for now) ... Tho not enough £££ to get everything done in a one go. Unfortunately.

Well remap is booked for 11th of April so i must definitely put up a wee review of how it goes and what the car is like after. Hopefully it all goes well and car produces 180-190 BHP. Would love to get a different exhausts system for that nasty sounding vrum vrum vrum...! Definitely need to get chrome wrapped and de-badge the behind of it.

Time will produce the fruits :) haha

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what are wheel spacers for, just to make them sit further out of the wells, what is the point, is it a looks thing, does the car need re-tracking after?

Thanks

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what are wheel spacers for, just to make them sit further out of the wells, what is the point, is it a looks thing, does the car need re-tracking after?

Thanks

Hey man, please ask away.
I'm new to all of this too, so learning as I go. From what I gathered wheel spacers will bring your wheels out,as Audi-partner mentioned he got 15 mm ones. Thus his wheels will stick out by 15mm more.Perfect explanation https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/619114_x800.jpg

Not sure about re-tracking but i think there is no need for any. Correct me if I'm wrong. Even if there is a need for one it's only £10-20 :)

Thanks

Hi mate,

In my case the only reason I've used them is because when I looked at the car from front and rear on, it looked too narrow with the wheels hiding right underneath the arches and bugged me hugely.

I'm looking for a set of wheels that tick all the boxes for me, and in particular an offset I'm happy with, and as yet haven't managed to find any. (It's a ball ache) putting the spacers on has stopped me from falling out with my car for the meantime :smug:

Reactions: Macster