2009 manual S4 starting issue?

rabhrab

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Looking for your knowledge regarding an issue with the starting procedure.
As I assume you know, on this engine you depress the clutch pedal and then press the fob into the dash in order to start the car, Recently, on occasion, the engine has refused to start (or engage even), I thought that perhaps I just was not depressing the clutch pedal fully, but I was not getting the 'to start the engine depress the clutch pedal' message on the dash. On taking the fob out of the dash and waiting a minute or so it will then start as it should. I have been having to depress the clutch pedal fully, and I mean to the floor, for some time in order to be sure of the car starting. No issue at all with the clutch operation itself only with this starting procedure.
Anyone had this occur? Any adjustment on what I assume is a sensor for the clutch pedal movement? All help appreciated as always.

Could it be the battery in the key fob? If you have 2 key fobs do they both have the same problem?

Hi Guys i have this same problem , the car wont start unless I stomp the clutch right to the ground. if you have had this issue can you please post the fix you ended up with.
Thank you

Hi everyone. Looking for your knowledge regarding an issue with the starting procedure.
As I assume you know, on this engine you depress the clutch pedal and then press the fob into the dash in order to start the car, Recently, on occasion, the engine has refused to start (or engage even), I thought that perhaps I just was not depressing the clutch pedal fully, but I was not getting the 'to start the engine depress the clutch pedal' message on the dash. On taking the fob out of the dash and waiting a minute or so it will then start as it should. I have been having to depress the clutch pedal fully, and I mean to the floor, for some time in order to be sure of the car starting. No issue at all with the clutch operation itself only with this starting procedure.
Anyone had this occur? Any adjustment on what I assume is a sensor for the clutch pedal movement? All help appreciated as always.
I have had this twice both times after I scanned the ecu for engine codes and reset them. Have you tried a scan to see if any codes are stored?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk